Open enrollment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open enrollment

Our open enrollment starts today at work to make benefit changes. Health care premiums are going up 30%, just like every year since Nobamacare went into effect.

mine went up $200 a month, thats another $2376 a year.... at almost $750 a month I'm basically only getting paid for 3 outta 4 weeks in a month.

Comment

I can break the news for everyone:

Premiums Significantly UP
      Out of Pocket Maximums, UP
      Coverages Down...

Comment

Guys might want to look into medi-share, not for everyone but I like it

Comment

We're on medi-share and are waiting for bills from my son's hospital stay/er trip. This will be the first time to use it other than office co-pays. If it works as it's supposed to, I shouldn't be out of pocket more than my AHP (deductible in ins. terms) which is 5k. My last insurance plan was $7500 going up to 10K when we canceled.

I think Midi-Share is more inline with what insurance was meant to be, not the mess that it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            Guys might want to look into medi-share, not for everyone but I like it
            We've been on this for 5 years. No complaints.

Comment

Just got notice that my family plan is going up by 700$ a month. Hi deductible health insurance shouldn’t be more than a home mortgage every month. Complete BS and I am a health care provider.

Comment

For what I pay for a family of four I could have a nice boat, a new truck, helll... a nice nice house.

Comment

What has anyone done for the 26+ kid? Yes, we help our kid still. But I have no idea what to do for her.

Comment

When we were getting my sons coverage set up before he was born and I was told he had to have dental insurance to qualify as fully covered, I knew we were all screwed.

Comment

Last year mine went from around $460 to $770 and then up to $880 this year. I got an email last week saying "We've completed your request to change your policy as listed below:
                      PLAN CHANGE
                      Your monthly premium for your policy is now $ 879.94." I did not request a change in premium

Comment

Still loving Samaritan Ministries!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                          Still loving Samaritan Ministries!
                          my folks have been with them (i used to as well) for many many years. i hear nothing but amazing things from that program. we may jump to that as a family this year as deductibles and out of pocket are up once again. i need a promotion just to pay for the increase in premiums lol

Comment

I went to a public comment meeting on changes that need to happen with Medicaid. The place was stacked with social justice activists upset with the state wanting to have Medicaid recipients pay small co-pays for some of the care they receive. They thought ten dollar copays was just to much of a burden on recipients. I was sitting there thinking I’m paying 1200 a month plus 9k in deductibles then whatever copays. The system is rigged.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                              What has anyone done for the 26+ kid? Yes, we help our kid still. But I have no idea what to do for her.
                              I've been on my own since 18, at some point you have to cut the cord.

Comment

Working...
                              X