Educate me on Chartplotters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
    I use a Simrad NSS Evo 3 with the Texas coast card from Standard Maps. I has excellent imagery and makes it easy to determine deep from shallow, as well as marking rocks and such.
    I think the chart plotter is above your budget, but they make one called a Go9 that may fit. Whichever way you go, I love the Standard Maps card. I have both it and Navionics Platinum and rarely look at the Navionics (it has better contour lines in deep water, and covers inland lakes that the Standard Map card does not.)
    I have this unit and the same card.

Comment

I've been running a Humminbird with factory loaded Navionics since 2007. The unit has held up but at this point needs replacing. I keep trying to get one more season. I've been happy with the mapping for the most part. I mainly fish Port O'Conner and some of the marked channels are just wrong on the Navionics but I haven't found many of them. I also use it offshore and have no trouble hitting the marks. I almost never use the side imaging. I'm going to replace it this winter when I have the boat serviced. I will probably go with a Helix.

Comment

I have a Garmin Echomap Plus 74CV with tranducer I will sell you. It has a cpl of hours on it. I put it on my flounder boat but realized real quick that my 60 plus yr old eyes need a 9" screen instead of a 7" screen in the middle of the night
        Attached Files
        Last edited by az2tx; 08-15-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
          Any opinions on this Garmin, in the 9"?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/59...-01902-05#maps
          West marine has the same unit with g2 mapping for 799. Garmin will upload g3 mapping for free.

Comment

Working...
          X