2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I ain’t kayaking, way too much work for my lazy ***. But I got a spot for y’all.
    You got a spot for everything lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I ain’t kayaking, way too much work for my lazy ***.
      Right there with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Would there be any interest in a group TBH kayak trip to the coast?
        Depends on where and when, I do like to kayak fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
          Right there with ya.

X3. Just got rid of both kayaks and I’m boat shopping. Great hobby, just not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know of a good kayak area to escape the wind in port A, rockport,Aransas ect. Looking to go down this weekend but it’s gunna be WINDY

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Anyone know of a good kayak area to escape the wind in port A, rockport,Aransas ect. Looking to go down this weekend but it’s gunna be WINDY
              Strong SSE you could run around a bit of the shoreline launching around Wilson's Cut across from Mustang Island if you're gonna be in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Strong SSE you could run around a bit of the shoreline launching around Wilson's Cut across from Mustang Island if you're gonna be in that area.
                Yeah that is what I was thinking about doing I’ve never fished that area before. How deep is that area on average my hobies need a little more water.

Comment

I wouldn't be able to say, been some time for me and don't remember a lot of specifics but the fishing was OK. You could head further South, there's a lot of good grass around Bird Island Basin area on PINS or if you wanna get crazy jump over Yarborough Pass and launch from there but that's not as protected from this wind angle.

Comment

I wouldn't be able to say, been some time for me and don't remember a lot of specifics but the fishing was OK. You could head further South, there's a lot of good grass around Bird Island Basin area on PINS or if you wanna get crazy jump over Yarborough Pass and launch from there but that's not as protected from this wind angle.
                    I normally fish bird island basin but in this wind it’s typically pretty bumpy.

Comment

Yeah that is what I was thinking about doing I’ve never fished that area before. How deep is that area on average my hobies need a little more water.
                      Most of shamrock cove is knee to waist deep, your hobie should be good

Comment

Depends on where and when, I do like to kayak fish.
                        Probably try for midcoast (Matagorda/POC area) to involve as many as possible unless everyone is from one area.

Comment

I normally fish bird island basin but in this wind it’s typically pretty bumpy.
                          Yeah once you get away from that shoreline with this wind angle it'll kick up pretty quick I bet.

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                          Probably try for midcoast (Matagorda/POC area) to involve as many as possible unless everyone is from one area.
                          I like to go South on the kayak so probably skip the stuff out East. I do have a 24' pontoon hauler in storage in POC though. I wonder how many kayaks will fit on there, might could ferry some peeps out to Pringle area or somewhere on that South shoreline for a day trip and have the pontoon as home base. That could be fun, haven't been over in Espiritu in the summer time in quite a while, we're always on the other side of the islands. You ever fished Powderhorn?

Comment

I'm in for kayak. POC would be great cause I got free rooms[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah once you get away from that shoreline with this wind angle it'll kick up pretty quick I bet.

I like to go South on the kayak so probably skip the stuff out East. I do have a 24' pontoon hauler in storage in POC though. I wonder how many kayaks will fit on there, might could ferry some peeps out to Pringle area or somewhere on that South shoreline for a day trip and have the pontoon as home base. That could be fun, haven't been over in Espiritu in the summer time in quite a while, we're always on the other side of the islands. You ever fished Powderhorn?
                              Mothershipping would be great. I've fished that shoreline some. Not as much as that south shoreline though.

Comment

I do have a 24' pontoon hauler in storage in POC though. I wonder how many kayaks will fit on there, might could ferry some peeps out to Pringle area or somewhere on that South shoreline for a day trip and have the pontoon as home base. That could be fun, haven't been over in Espiritu in the summer time in quite a while, we're always on the other side of the islands. You ever fished Powderhorn?

That would be the ticket!

Comment

Working...
                                X