No announcement yet.

Would you actually KAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say NO. The farmers that complain are the same ones that want $300 a gun for two pigs, or no they dont want any hunting on their property. Dont even start with me about dumb asses and what they might do. There are thousands of us who know what we are doing and could put a serious hurt on the population.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Apples and oranges. An invasive species was used to eradicate an invasive species in your example. Of course, I could see how those of you who want pigs may be an invasive species....
      Read my post again. Im not saying pigs aren't a problem. Im saying simply killing them all could have repercussions later

Without looking into it, Im not sure the hydrilla was really invasive. Was it a problem, yes (just like feral swine). And even then the state started planting it (or something like it) once the carp numbers started to decline. The 'sterile' carp were not necessarily invasive unless you count how their genetics got played with. But those sterile carp became invasive once they started procreating. Even those became fun shooting 50 and 60 a night

Something else to think about is water hyacinth. Its certainly invasive and causing problems. Just like pigs it grows faster than you can kill it. There was a study of some African water beetle that would eat the crap out of it. Whats gonna happen after all those beetles run out of hyacinth to eat...…??

My point being mother nature is a crazy woman and don't like you messing with her

Comment

No...and for the record I own my land. I enjoy hunting them (more challenging than whitetail where I'm at) year round and supplementing my food bill with wild pork, which I enjoy as much if not more than whitetail. If I could push any button it would be the button that gets more people easier/better/cheaper access to hunting them to stabilize the population
        Last edited by JonBoy; 04-17-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          Anyone who owns the land they hunt would easily say YES.
          Yep, here’s the correct answer. If you are a land owner and stand to loose money because of these useless parasites, then you would vote to arradicate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            Is there a Muslim button?
            Is there a Christian one?

Comment

there may come a day when we are thankful to have plentiful protein resources while we scavenge for food.

pig liver makes awesome catfish bait too!!

Comment

Yes

Comment

No way- good bow practice. And this- take out the back strap on a 60 lb sow and season with Tony’s Cajun, then squeeze some lemon juice on it, add some bell peppers and onion. Wrap in tin foil and chunk on the campfire- wow.

Comment

Yes more people shooting them would help.
                    If I could push a button to get rid of something it would be the influx of liberals into and rid of the ones already in Texas.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      You'd be wrong. My family owns the land we hunt on and has since 1971. We haven't had pigs the entire time. Are they a PIA? Yes. BUT, I would not kill every **** one of them. If I could slow them down would I? Absolutely.

IMO simply wiping them from the earth could be a bad a thing. Mother nature don't like you doing stuff like that. Look at the hydrilla Conroe used to have for instance. They killed it all and brought in 'sterile carp' then the fishing went to crap. Sure the lake has rebounded but it took years

If it was Mother Nature’s intention these would be wild hogs, not feral hogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Seems like more folks are coming around to my point of view. It's just a matter of time until they double in population and then everyone will want to.....KAP !
                        People have been saying that for decades. My everyone's math we should have 1 trillion pigs.

Comment

yes, they are an invasive animal causing several millions of dollars of damage to agriculture all over the state......why would you keep something destroying that much of your crops....Land owners have to deal with them every day of the year tearing up fences, crops, land, etc....I know one person that is having to till his pastures because of the ruts the animals have created in the soil making it where he cannot plant due to the holes in the ground....

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              No way- good bow practice. And this- take out the back strap on a 60 lb sow and season with Tony’s Cajun, then squeeze some lemon juice on it, add some bell peppers and onion. Wrap in tin foil and chunk on the campfire- wow.
                              Try that recipe with a store bought one. Cheaper than 1 broadhead and taste even better...

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X