Ok, I'm sold, so now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm sold, so now what?

I don't want to wait until Bow Jam in March to get started. What will be the best setup for me? I was leaning toward a takedown recurve, but really, I have no idea what would be best to start with. Should I start with a recurve at all? If yall could recommend some brands, I would be most appreciative. The only thing I know of is the Eichler Buffalo takedown. That is about the extent of my familiarity with the "traditional" side. I'm looking at 3Riversarchery, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Anyone know of any shop in the OKC, Stillwater, Tulsa areas that could help out with traditional stuff?

Don't get in a big hurry. You have to start out right. Find a group of trad folks in your area. Trad people are very helpful and will let you try their bows. Shoot as many as you can. If you can do a road trip, I'd go to Bob Sarrels place and shoot everthing he has. You will fall in love with something. Whatever you do don't get more bow than you need. The Samick Sage in the 40/45# range is a good starter bow. The bow is the easy part. Getting your tackle matched and your set up tuned is a process. Be patient.

Comment

Sorry can't help you on a shop in Ok.
      What I do recommend get yours hands on as many as possible to shoot see what you like.
      Don't know much about this bow but alot good folks here recommend a Samick for price
      and starter bow. I have a awesome lil recurve for sale but its not for a starter bow.
      Im sure some others will chime in that will able to help you Good luck!!!

Comment

The main thing is DON"T OVER BOW yourself. If you do get a takedown model, whether it be a longbow or recurve , you can always get heavier limbs later. Many have started with Samick Sage, very affordable and they tend to run a few #'s heavier than the stated weight.
        There are many good deal on higher end models on here in the Classifieds as well as TradTalk , Tradgang, Stickbow

Comment

Working...
        X