Bow for short person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow for short person?

My GF wants to start shooting. She is 5'1". Was wanting to keep her under 40 pounds or less. Probably 35 area. Was looking at some of the youth bows. What lenght bow do yall think is good for her a 58 or shorter. Probably going to take her to cabelas for her draw lenth tomorrow. Any good suggestions on starter bow's. not willing to get one of bobs yet till I know she likes it. She also doesnt want to hunt yet just to shoot.

Just let her shoot a bunch of bows. One will feel right. I'm 4'8", my self bow is longer than I am tall.

Comment

Diamond edge will be perfect!

Comment

PM coming your way Big-B.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
          PM coming your way Big-B.
          I know you're talking about me.

Comment

Never in a million, trust me. Here's my PM I sent to BIG_B.

If you want, I have a bow your wife can try out. It's a Sarrels Ambidextrous bow my son won at Bob's Birthday Bash. It's a shorter bow, (48" to 54", can't remember) and is rated at 32# @ 28". I even have some carbons that shoot great out of it. You're more than welcome to try it for a while to see if she likes it.

Let me know,

Ron

Comment

^^^^^^^^thats what I'm talking about. People helping people. WTG Ron

Comment

I would take Ron up on the offer.

Comment

Might look at maddog archery. He makes alot of kids bows, and I shoot a 55" midsized longbow of his. His prices have gone up a bit, but if her draw length is 26" or less, then you could get her a 48" pup longbow for about $115. He makes the pup up to 30lbs @ 24", but can be drawn to 26". That would make her bow about 35lbs at 26" of draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                    Just let her shoot a bunch of bows. One will feel right. I'm 4'8", my self bow is longer than I am tall.
                    I'm 6'8" if we ever meet we could take a funny picture standing next to each other

Comment

check out the bear super mag 48. I had to take mine back because my draw is too long but its supposed to be great for shorter shooters

Comment

Originally posted by jmack View Post
                        Might look at maddog archery. He makes alot of kids bows, and I shoot a 55" midsized longbow of his. His prices have gone up a bit, but if her draw length is 26" or less, then you could get her a 48" pup longbow for about $115. He makes the pup up to 30lbs @ 24", but can be drawn to 26". That would make her bow about 35lbs at 26" of draw.
                        Looks like pretty good numbers here to me. Martha is 5'3" and her draw is just shy of 25" now with pretty good form.

Martha's 58" Mamba was made for a 26" draw length and is a pretty good little bow, but for a lot more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                          I'm 6'8" if we ever meet we could take a funny picture standing next to each other
                          Ok, but don't ask me to slow dance. lol

Comment

Thx folks and Ron. I see ya Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                              Ok, but don't ask me to slow dance. lol
                              I like the way you think Deb, can't get one by you.

Comment

Working...
                              X