Blind Window Condensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Window Condensation

Last couple seasons I have had issues with condensation on the inside of my windows during hunts. I sit with my windows shut trying to contain my scent as much as possible and have had good results so I would like to keep them closed.

I don't currently have any carpet in my blind. Just rubber stall mats on the floor. I tried those silica gun safe dehumidifier cans, but they were ineffective. Would adding carpet to the walls help battle the issue?

No fixation but ventilation....

Comment

you could try putting a 12 volt automotive fan to blow on the window, but they make a little noise but it has never affected the deer where I hunt imo.

also you would have to carry a small battery with you to your blind; it should last about a week anyways.

Comment

A heater under the window has been my best bet until the sun comes up and takes care of itself.

Comment

Condensation builds up when it's not vented. Find another way to control your scent & vent the top of your blind

Comment

Buy my like-new HR230 Ozonics. I jerry rigged the mount to a metal clamp to easily affix it to your blind window. Boom. No condensation.

Comment

Open the window to vent, or get a window squeegees

Find squeegees at Lowe's today. Shop squeegees and a variety of cleaning supplies products online at Lowes.com.

Comment

On my latest Blind build I installed four 3" round soffit vents to each corner of the stand.

Comment

Hold your breath longer.

Comment

Open winders

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Open winders

Lol this made me think of my dad. I miss him and his cowboy words terribly. Thanks. Made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's you. As you breathe you exhale moisture. Gradually you raise the dewpoint in the stand to the point it condenses on the windows. The fix is ventilation, or heat the windows to keep them above the dew point.

Comment

Yea, I know the source of the condensation. Was hoping some soft surfaces would help control it.

Guess I'll be installing a vent in my blind in the near future. Probably gonna slap a charcoal filter over the vent to help with scent control.
                          Last edited by Fargus; 08-01-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Did you try anti-fog wipes? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                              Did you try anti-fog wipes? Just wondering.
                              No, I didn't. Never gave it a thought until a buddy suggested it a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X