X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome shark Ray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats again Ray! Helluva catch by a helluva dude! Bleep the haters although I have enjoyed knocking them down a few notches in the comments..

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
      wow that a huge shark congrats.

Still having trouble figuring out how the sting ray bars are in meet?

Ok....so if you step on a small stingray as a human, the stingray will drive his barb in your foot or lower leg to protect himself and try to escape. Sharks eat big sting rays....so in the same fashion, the rays try to protect themselves against sharks while getting chased or eaten as they do when a human steps on them. Some of those barbs get broken off in the sharks body. Since sharks don't have doctors to remove the barbs, their meat and skin grows around them as they get bigger.

Comment

You made Yahoo, as well, Ray!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	poco.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	24546602

All the articles that I've read, refer to you as Poco ... you might have to visit the courthouse for a name change after all this!

One of my friends tried to show me an article on his phone. He started with "hey, look at this shar ...", I said, "Yeah, I know that dude. He's one helluva fisherman, and a pretty cool cat, to boot."

Awesome accomplishment, buddy!

Comment

Thanks again me amigos! The negativity got me down a little last few days but after talking with some well respected sharkers, marine biologist and outdoor writers Ive now accepted that I did nothing wrong and I cant beat the haters if I let them win. So I can assure you guys that i’ll be out there again giving it hell sooner than later.

Fish on me amigos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Ray, only thing I can add to what has been said about all the haters, is do NOT let them dissuade you from going back out there and doin' it all over AGAIN!! Go get you yet a bigger one! Or heck, try for a tiger or something.... I don't have a clue what it takes to target fish like these monsters, but you sir are in elite company with your skill set, and you use it for good of the species too... Maybe get you a 15 footer, a tiger or mako... Just don't be discouraged and don't quit!! U DA MAN POCO!!

Thank you Charlie. Much appreciated my friend.

Comment

Thanks to JP for calling me in Argentina about this thread!!!! Man oh Man!!! This is just STRONG. This reinforces my stance that water is made for fishing...…..not swimming/not surfing...…….just fishing!! Brother Ray enjoy every moment of this incredible adventure. Honestly, jumping into the surf attempting to revive that beast would have been the last thing on my mind...…...drawn butter would have been first...……..then which taxidermist was gonna have to deal with this BEAST!!! Really proud for you and your team of friends!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Thanks to JP for calling me in Argentina about this thread!!!! Man oh Man!!! This is just STRONG. This reinforces my stance that water is made for fishing...…..not swimming/not surfing...…….just fishing!! Brother Ray enjoy every moment of this incredible adventure. Honestly, jumping into the surf attempting to revive that beast would have been the last thing on my mind...…...drawn butter would have been first...……..then which taxidermist was gonna have to deal with this BEAST!!! Really proud for you and your team of friends!!!

Thank you Landrover. Much appreciated

Comment

WOW!!!! Nice!!

Comment

Freakin awesome!!!

Comment

Wife: "That Poco guy from bow hunter caught another bigass shark and the snowflakes are pizzed!"

"Yes babe, I heard"

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Wife: "That Poco guy from bow hunter caught another bigass shark and the snowflakes are pizzed!"

"Yes babe, I heard"

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                          Thanks again me amigos! The negativity got me down a little last few days but after talking with some well respected sharkers, marine biologist and outdoor writers Ive now accepted that I did nothing wrong and I cant beat the haters if I let them win. So I can assure you guys that i’ll be out there again giving it hell sooner than later.

Fish on me amigos!!!

So glad this is your perspective. I was hoping all the negative reactions would not discourage you from getting back out there. Congrats on this beast!

Comment

Hey congrats!
                            You where all over the news in Laredo.

Comment

Congrats man!!!

And I gotta admit...I'm relieved that you didn't want to add this critter to your taxidermy bill...

Comment

Poco

Congrats again. I had already asked breezy if y'all had tried any of the meet. But I have another question.

Did you save the mouth to have it mounted like you see so many others showing all the teeth if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X