TBH anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH anniversary

I shot my first critter with a bow around August 7, 2003. I got curious and searched bow hunting Texas on Google. I had no idea how that Google search would affect me.

It's been 15 years ago this week that texasbowhunter.com popped up on Google and I found a place to post up my first bow kill (hog). It was titled "Texas Rhino with a bow". Killed it behind the Harris County Sheriff's Office Academy in Humble.

Since then I've met hundreds of people, participated in dozens of TBH expresses, bought and sold hundreds of items, went on numerous group hunts, joined deer leases with TBHers, and made lifelong friends.

There are a lot of forums and websites on the www. But nothing like this place.

Get back what you put in...

Good people tend to draw other good people and you're one of them.

Comment

Agreed...I got brought in by a buddy who said “get ready it’s addicting”.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I shot my first critter with a bow around August 7, 2003. I got curious and searched bow hunting Texas on Google. I had no idea how that Google search would affect me.

It's been 15 years ago this week that texasbowhunter.com popped up on Google and I found a place to post up my first bow kill (hog). It was titled "Texas Rhino with a bow". Killed it behind the Harris County Sheriff's Office Academy in Humble.

Since then I've met hundreds of people, participated in dozens of TBH expresses, bought and sold hundreds of items, went on numerous group hunts, joined deer leases with TBHers, and made lifelong friends.

There are a lot of forums and websites on the www. But nothing like this place.

Get back what you put in...

I never posted on the internet until around 2011 when I got a smart phone so I never knew places like this existed. If I had spare time where I wasn’t fishing, hunting or playing sports I would play PlayStation or Xbox. Since I joined TBH and found Internet forums I have not really played many Xbox games.

Since joining I have met many of good friends off this site that I have shared a campfire with. I have also met folks in Baton Rouge who come into town for a drink or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well said Mr Minchew! Great to know you my friend [emoji106]

Comment

I've had help from the OP for some family issues. Thanks Bobby.

BTW: You're a NUT I mean that in the most complimentary of ways.

Some of you guys keep me laughing, which is good for the spirit of a GOF.

Comment

You've put a couple tons in, Bobby...and you've still got a lot left to come your way.

I'm glad to say you were here when I got here, and you've made my experience better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                You've put a couple tons in, Bobby...and you've still got a lot left to come your way.

I'm glad to say you were here when I got here, and you've made my experience better.

That elephant thread was TBH gold!

Comment

I remember that rehab pig story and you coming by the courthouse that first time! Its been a couple lifetimes ago hasnt it!

You've definately been a big part of this place!

Comment

Congratulations Chew for being here that long. I've been here going on 8 months haven't made any friends yet but I'm trying really hard to. This is the best site I've been on well it's the first one. Really enjoy every minute I'm on here. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I'm with Dale on this one, thanks for keeping it fun Chew.

We need a link to this Rhino thread.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir, I lurked on here for years but never joined till two years ago. At first I was not sure how to interact with folks and it took time to figure out some people and their intentions.

Then I went to Bownanza and everything changed. Once I could put a face with a name, it was no longer just a random person posting on a forum. I learned to have a new level of respect as these folks I met were a lot like me. Smart, RascalArms, Todd, Muskles and who could forget Burnadell.

Then I went on the TBH crappie fishing round up and got to fish with Chew and Buff. Drank beer and told lies with Slew and SKLOSS, met a whole bunch more folks like me.

Reckon I will hang around for a spell.

Comment

I always have enjoyed you're quit wit and banter. Guys like you are a great asset to a site like this one. Congrats on the anniversary.

Comment

I ended up here after seeing Smartt post about it more than bbq on another forum. I've met a couple good dudes, fished with a few and re connected with a fella who got me and a buddy jacked up by the poleace while in an airboat[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X