Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
    What unit are you in?

We are in hominy. Last time I hunted here (4 years ago) we were in hominy as well, but the day time temps were 90ish and the lows were in the upper 70's at night. Really hoping the weather cooperates this year. Headed to field to scout now and hopefully get to look around before a line of heavy thunder storms moves in on us and washes all the fresh sign away.

Comment

I think my buddy Quincy is hunting there this year, its trad only isnt it?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Checking in

Couple pics at headquarters

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

thats a cool lodge. good luck sir

Comment

Well, we got two stands hung and just walked back to truck to get another stand when the absolute bottom fell out! We knew it was coming but didn't know how much time we had really. So, our last stand we hung in the hurricane conditions presented to us (thankfully we'd hung a set here before so no pruning was needed).
                I cannot begin to tell yall about the amount of acorns on the ground. Not just most trees have them EVERY SINGLE oak tree has them. There are literally more acorns on the ground than there are leaves! I picked on cluster up off the ground that had 5 acorns attached to it!
                Sooo with the storms clear, stands hung, we are gonna dry out, run in and grab a bite to eat then catch some sleep and head out at 4:30 in the morning! Unfortunately, we can't take pictures in the field (idk how they would know, but I'm not gonna try an find out!), but I'll update as much as i can from the tree.

Comment

Best of luck, hope weather cooperates a little better for the remainder of the time your there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                    Best of luck, hope weather cooperates a little better for the remainder of the time your there.

Supposed to be perfect! This front is bring first real cool front of the year

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                      Well, we got two stands hung and just walked back to truck to get another stand when the absolute bottom fell out! We knew it was coming but didn't know how much time we had really. So, our last stand we hung in the hurricane conditions presented to us (thankfully we'd hung a set here before so no pruning was needed).
                      I cannot begin to tell yall about the amount of acorns on the ground. Not just most trees have them EVERY SINGLE oak tree has them. There are literally more acorns on the ground than there are leaves! I picked on cluster up off the ground that had 5 acorns attached to it!
                      Sooo with the storms clear, stands hung, we are gonna dry out, run in and grab a bite to eat then catch some sleep and head out at 4:30 in the morning! Unfortunately, we can't take pictures in the field (idk how they would know, but I'm not gonna try an find out!), but I'll update as much as i can from the tree.
                      They randomly stop people and check their phones. If they find pics on your phone, you are in deep doo-doo!!!

Good luck guys!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        They randomly stop people and check their phones. If they find pics on your phone, you are in deep doo-doo!!!

Good luck guys!

Bisch

Haha maybe so! That's prolly their "high tech security" they have developed here!

We are kicked back by the fire in our camper! Feel like we're in a 5 star hotel!

Here is a pic of the acorn cluster I picked up today.

Comment

Best of luck!! This front outta get em stirred up real good. I've been chipping away at preference points for the last three years, hoping next year I'll be making the drive North too!

Comment

Tuned in

I have heard of that hunt

Don't blame you for not "testing" to see if they would catch you with pics. Would love to see pics but not at expense of someone getting in trouble or kicked out of the hunt

Hope you kill a biggun

Comment

We hunted hominey last year on the last weekend. Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Tuned in

I have heard of that hunt

Don't blame you for not "testing" to see if they would catch you with pics. Would love to see pics but not at expense of someone getting in trouble or kicked out of the hunt

Hope you kill a biggun

Really wish I could take pics of the country side driving in and out from our area. It's truly and incredible place

Comment

Working...
                                X