LED Lights have arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lights have arrived

No way to tell if I got the 5050 lights I ordered, but they sure are bright.

The pictures sure make the width of these strips look bigger.

Now install them and post pics. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
      Now install them and post pics. Lol
      X2

Comment

need to get some wire and solder gun tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck on your install, I think you will do just fine. If you have questions you know my PM, I will be working on some backyard projects this weekend but will respond when I have time...

I agree, they are small for the amount of light they put out!

Just take your time and do it right, don't try taking any short cuts. Make sure you keep the positive and ground straight.

Last weekend at the river I had to put the white lights at the back door enterence on the lowest setting because they were so bright. Did you use the vendor I sent you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
            Good luck on your install, I think you will do just fine. If you have questions you know my PM, I will be working on some backyard projects this weekend but will respond when I have time...

I agree, they are small for the amount of light they put out!

Just take your time and do it right, don't try taking any short cuts. Make sure you keep the positive and ground straight.

Last weekend at the river I had to put the white lights at the back door enterence on the lowest setting because they were so bright. Did you use the vendor I sent you?
            I had already ordered mine when I got your vendor information. I will probably just use the one I have for now. Ordering blue lights next. I have cut strips to the desired length and sealed the other end not being wired.

taped the kayak to see where I want my lights to go.

Need to drill the holes and solder all the wires together.

Thanks for the assist. Once I get this done I will install on my truck.

Comment

I got mine earlier this week and need to get started on the install. Looking for switches now.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                I got mine earlier this week and need to get started on the install. Looking for switches now.

What color(s)? You pimping out the ranger?

Comment

Does anyone know how many of the strips can be connected with one power source?

Comment

NDNRoger - I have done a lot of write-ups on LED light strips. Check out this link on the colored lights:

I have a video here where I have 5 strung together. I could tell the difference when I got this many together.

The second video shows a little short of 4 strings on my pool. After the second string I can see a change in intensity.

When I asked my source about this, they said after the second string you should put an inline amp. An amp will cost about as much as a controller - $11 to $13, and I would run on a seperate power source. If you search the www some you will see that you can put the amp after the second string, or fork off the primary controller.

Now, to confuse the subject for you... When I was at my electronic parts store they sell some LED strips which they say are better quality that will allow you to string 5 together without the loss. But, these strings are about $90 each! I think I will keep to my methods.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                      What color(s)? You pimping out the ranger?
                      White, under bed rail lighting in the pickup. With a bed cover on a dark brown truck, there is very little visibility in the bed.

I'm thinking the ranger needs some too.

Comment

Casey - you need to do the ranger with colored lights with a setup like this:

or see this link:

With these lights you can change to any single color you want from white to any other shade, and of course control with a remote. Strobe / color changing is always a popular option too

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Comment

man I stink at soldering, but the first one done.

Comment

Solder complete and mock up done. All the lights work. Will connect everything together later on today.

Comment

Working...
                              X