Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Old Folberth bow on CA Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Folberth bow on CA Craigslist

I don't know how long this Craigslist post will stay up, and I'm too far way from there to offer to check this out if somebody in Texas is interested (sorry). But it's a really interesting bow and story about archery history the guy posted. Enjoy the story!

Selling a real piece of archery history a Folberth reflex/reflex recurve bow patent date 1933 stamped and on bow window. Bill Folberth invented the Automotive wind shield wiper and became a millionaire selling the patent rights to the big three.

he went on to take up archery as a hobby and then soon went on to invent the first self sight window and patented the idea receiving royalties from Fred Bear and Ben Pearson for every Bow they made with a center sight Window.

If you look closely with at the pictures you will see a crudely repair of the bow with some twine on the upper limb. I brought the Bow many moons ago from the original owner. He brought the bow based off of viewing a sale mans sample he did not remember what he paid but said the sale man commented if you have to asks the price you probably could not afford the Bow.

He attempted the repair not to shoot the bow but to preserve the bow for display in his collection. This Bow is real exotic for its time the bow is a reflex/deflexs design 50 inches long unstrung and the limbs are 3 3/4 at its widest point. The bow has a over draw accommodation at the sight window rest making this bow even rarer , not sure if Folberth also patented this feature as well. Notice in the picture the Folbert bow sight which became very popular using a simple movable pin.

This bow is a Museum piece and should be preserved as such. I sold my vintage Bow collection several years ago but kept this bow back along with a sales man sample of one of his more traditional bows which I recently sold and now regret only seen one other in 50 years of collecting . If interested or have questions email or call Danny at show contact info $ 200 Cash cheap for this rare piece of Archery History.

Some other pictures posted.

Dang, that is cool!

Bisch

Comment

Crap. $200 for that? That's a steal. That bow should be in the archery hall of fame.

Comment

Man, I can already see Arvin building a self bow with an overdraw shelf! That really is a cool bow, thanks for posting the pics and story.

Comment

That is a radical design.

Comment

That's really cool. I've been around archery for 60 years and never heard of one.

And your right, it should be in a museum so many people could appreciate it for what it is.

JC

Comment

This bow needs to go to Wade Phillips collection.

Comment

If he was closer to home, I'd do the legwork to find it a fitting home.

Comment

Working...
                X