Humorous Turkey Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humorous Turkey Tale

On Nov 18, I shot a big turkey hen with a wood arrow. It looked like a good shot right behind the leg at the very top of the leg(shooting from and elevated position). It buried to the fletch and I assume stuck in the ground. She immediately flew and broke the point off the arrow and I could see the fletch sticking out her left side as she flew off.

Fast forward to Dec 1. Deer came in and cleaned up most all the corn at the feeder then at 7:30, a bunch of turkeys show up and run the deer off. I was not going to shoot at them because there was almost no corn left and I figured they would just leave and I could put out more corn for deer, but then I noticed one had bright yellow fletching sticking out her side, so I shot her again. She took off again and later when I got out of the blind, I found a big pool of blood in the trail she had been on. Never found her or the second arrow.

Yesterday afternoon, 12/3, we went back over there to repair a feeder and she had been drug out into the middle of a wheat field and half eaten by something. Yellow arrow was still inside her and it had gone forward, like she was severely quartering, and missed all the vitals. No sign of the second arrow, so it may have been a pass through(not an elevated position this time).

We looked at the pics on the trail cam at that location and she had been back on 11/23 and appeared to be fine.

Wayne

Tough birds

Comment

They are tough critters!

Comment

Don't shoot it again...you might make it mad this time

Comment

goodness, that was one tough bird

Comment

I think, pound for pound, turkeys are about as tough as any critter we hunt around this part of the world!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
            X