Chl ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chl ?

Other threads in the past have got me wondering, is recreational gym that has a kiddie league, say volleyball games taken place there. Are they off limit? No 30.06 sign either.

I know professional sport events are off limit. I wonder about kiddie leagues? Thanks. Appreciate it.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/faqs/index.htm

34. I am a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holder. Are there any places where I cannot carry my concealed handgun?
    Yes. ยง46.035, Texas Penal Code prohibits carrying of handguns and other weapons in certain places. These include but are not limited to:

On the premises of a business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption
    On the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting or interscholastic event is taking place
    On the premises of a correctional facility
    On the premises of a hospital or nursing home (unless licensee has written authorization)
    In an amusement park
    On the premises of a church, synagogue, or other place of worship
    At any meeting of a governmental entity

Tee ball at the park is probably OK, as long as the parking lot doesn't have there no gun sign up.

Comment

Wonder when they'll update this. Was informed in Feb that churches and amusement parks are no longer on there.

Comment

Originally posted by txrampage View Post
        Wonder when they'll update this. Was informed in Feb that churches and amusement parks are no longer on there.
        It is up to the discretion of the reverend at the church. Also amusement parks that are open for more than 120 days per year you CAN NOT carry at those places.

Example:, Six Flags Over Texas you CAN'T carry as it is open for like 8 months out of the year.

Example:, State Fair of Texas you CAN carry because it is not opened more than 120 days of the year.

Comment

The instructor that told me this said the regs hadn't been updated to reflect the new law - which also deleted hospitals and nursing homes...haven't gone looking for the amendments as I have no intention of carrying in a church and don't much care for hospitals...

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just wondering about the recreational facility almost like YMCA but we have our own local rec gym that have girls play league volleyball in their gym.

I'm aware of other places except for this one. That's why I'm asking about it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by txrampage View Post
              The instructor that told me this said the regs hadn't been updated to reflect the new law - which also deleted hospitals and nursing homes...haven't gone looking for the amendments as I have no intention of carrying in a church and don't much care for hospitals...
              Because no one has ever shot up or blow up a church.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                Because no one has ever shot up or blow up a church.
                https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/1999/09/tex-s17.html

Comment

Originally posted by kikn View Post
                  It is up to the discretion of the reverend at the church. Also amusement parks that are open for more than 120 days per year you CAN NOT carry at those places.

Example:, Six Flags Over Texas you CAN'T carry as it is open for like 8 months out of the year.

Example:, State Fair of Texas you CAN carry because it is not opened more than 120 days of the year.
                  now how on earth did they come up with 120 days....why not 119 or 115? why 120? targeted?

Comment

Lol. Most of what has been posted so far is not true- which is typical of the chl threads.

There is no exclusion of "kiddie league" in the penal code. If it is not a high school, college, or pro event, (or UIL event), i would not worry about it unless it is posted. If the event is school sponsored, you are not allowed to carry there.

It is not up to the discretion of the reverend of the church. If the church is posted, you cannot carry. If the church is not posted, you can carry. (He may be the one that decides if it is posted or not, but it must be posted to limit chl access).

As far as the 120 day amusement park opinion- that is not in the penal code anywhere. You are allowed to carry at an amusement park unless it is posted, simple as that.

As far as the instructor saying "they havent updated the regs yet", he would be dead wrong about that. They ARE updated to reflect these changes. He obviously is just too lazy to look in the handbook, which is bad mojo because that is what he should be teaching. They are there, i promise. Curious what else he is teaching if he didnt even get that right...
                    He needs to look at PC SS46.035(i), it explains it very clearly.

Philip- to answer your question... If the gym is not posted, you can carry there imo.
                    Last edited by Cam-Mac; 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam-Mac View Post
                      Lol. Most of what has been posted so far is not true- which is typical of the chl threads.

There is no exclusion of "kiddie league" in the penal code. If it is not a high school, college, or pro event, (or UIL event), i would not worry about it unless it is posted. If the event is school sponsored, you are not allowed to carry there.

It is not up to the discretion of the reverend of the church. If the church is posted, you cannot carry. If the church is not posted, you can carry. (He may be the one that decides if it is posted or not, but it must be posted to limit chl access).

As far as the 120 day amusement park opinion- that is not in the penal code anywhere. You are allowed to carry at an amusement park unless it is posted, simple as that.

As far as the instructor saying "they havent updated the regs yet", he would be dead wrong about that. They ARE updated to reflect these changes. He obviously is just too lazy to look in the handbook. They are there, i promise. Curious what else he is teaching if he didnt even get that right...

Philip- to answer your question... If the gym is not posted, you can carry there imo.
                      Lol. Thank you very much for answering my ? My thoughts exactly. No signs posted and not a school sanctioned sport event.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam-Mac View Post

As far as the instructor saying "they havent updated the regs yet", he would be dead wrong about that. They ARE updated to reflect these changes. He obviously is just too lazy to look in the handbook, which is bad mojo because that is what he should be teaching. They are there, i promise. Curious what else he is teaching if he didnt even get that right...

Spot on.

Comment

I carry in church...I carry any where that i think nut job psycho's might act stupid. Im not paranoid. I just want to ensure a level playing field...i also like guns and carrying guns. CONCEALED IS CONCEALED?

Comment

Sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                              now how on earth did they come up with 120 days....why not 119 or 115? why 120? targeted?
                              Are you asking about the arbitrary decision to cut it at 120 days?

Why not the parts of "at least 75 acres" or the county with more than "one million" people or "has security guards" "at all times"?

Comment

Working...
                              X