No announcement yet.

Semi live Davis Mtn St Park hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been glassing from a few spots in the truck this morning but haven't found the aoudad from yesterday. It's very windy. Im gonna get in the bottom now and look for javelina. I get to keep hunting even if I get a javi.

For those asking, the tent is a Seek Outside 8 man tipi. First time I've got to use it and I'm very impressed. I went back and forth between it and a kifaru but decided to go with the seek outside.

Comment

Good luck, looks like a fun but tough hunt

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        I've been glassing from a few spots in the truck this morning but haven't found the aoudad from yesterday. It's very windy. Im gonna get in the bottom now and look for javelina. I get to keep hunting even if I get a javi.

For those asking, the tent is a Seek Outside 8 man tipi. First time I've got to use it and I'm very impressed. I went back and forth between it and a kifaru but decided to go with the seek outside.
        When you first pull into the parking area in your unit take a right and walk down the creek. Probably 1/2 a mile or so down the creek a spring pops up out of the ground. There were ton of javi's down there.

Comment

Came back to the parking lot for lunch. Got 2 groups of aoudad up above me. Gonna sit tight and watch them and come up with a plan. Not much cover and the wind ishorrible

Comment

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Nice job locating! Good luck.

Comment

Great pictures. Sling an arrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    Well the auction hunt that was just completed at elephant mountain fetched over $120,000(can't remember the exact price). Of course he gets to keep the animal, unlike a restitution case.

OP, have you found any javelina? Or are you just hunting aoudad right now? I'm guessing your hunt is done once you harvest your javelina?
                    Ram harvested week and half back sold for $100,000 even last summer.
                    He was a very nice sheep (175 and change gross).

The tag they auctioned this past weekend sold for $120,000 at Houston SCI.
                    Have not hunted that tag yet, and won't until after September 2017.

There are some great sheep on the mountain. Some will push 180 inches.

Comment

Good luck! Chootem dead!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post

An 8 man, did you bring along Kole to help you kill something?

Good luck. See you at the Golf Tourney.

Comment

Sweet thread, enjoy me some draw hunts. Good luck

Comment

tuned in!!

Comment

Solid pair in the second pic. Getting Close?

Comment

That audad under the tree is a hoss,

Also you are the fastest tent setter upper I have ever seen

Comment

Working...
                                X