First trapped bobcat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trapped bobcat!

I've been trying to get into trapping. Got some old foot hold traps and a couple of cage traps. I've only been at it for a few days.

Yesterday I was driving around my place and decided to look under a concrete bridge. Saw what I thought looked like a cat track but couldn't tell for sure and no telling how long it had been there.

Decided to set a cage trap down there anyways just to get it out of the truck. I set it, tied a big jackrabbit to the back, put just a few pieces of brush and left.

Checked it this afternoon and caught a cat!

He don't look happy to see you. That's awesome!

Comment

Nice!!!!

Comment

Nice looking cat.

Comment

Nice! Good for you. Saved a few fawns and turkey chicks.

Comment

What now???? We need video!

Comment

Just in time for Christmas. Some lucky young lad will have a great new pet

Comment

That's cool. I've set a foot trap n nothing. Glad to see u got something

Comment

I'll bet he was real happy to see you when you walked up!

Bisch

Comment

Nice Looking Cat

Comment

Cool. Now get a long 1/2 pipe and run some cable through it and make a choaker. Stick it around his neck and pull. Put him into a burlap bag then tie to bag real good. Take him home and put him in a cage and collect urine off of him. That's how I used to do it when I caught the first cat of the year. You will need 1 brave friend to help you. Good luck

Comment

Throw a big bag of cat nip in there so it calms down then let him out. Should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          Cool. Now get a long 1/2 pipe and run some cable through it and make a choaker. Stick it around his neck and pull. Put him into a burlap bag then tie to bag real good. Take him home and put him in a cage and collect urine off of him. That's how I used to do it when I caught the first cat of the year. You will need 1 brave friend to help you. Good luck
                          Yup....I concur. Hump it till it pees..

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Love catching cats. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X