Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #101
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac19 View Post
IMO I think the Only reason its Illigal is because the big pharmaceutical company's will lose tons. They want you addicted to their medicine. Legalize it. Alchohol is far worse
Yup I totally agree with this
boh347 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #102
Da' Hitman
Four Point

Hunt In: Kerr County

Legalize it and tax it, but don't act like weed (don't know about cbd) is completely harmless. Definitely dangerous to drive while stoned. Not everyone reacts the same to weed. Personally I can't mess with it because I don't like feeling out of control in any way. But I think it should be treated exactly like alcohol
Da' Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #103
JBT
Six Point

Hunt In: Montague, Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Negative. I would bet it doesn’t pay well.
you might lose that bet! There are a surprising number of high paying professions/companies that don't drug test or if they do only drug test on hire date - with that being said I'm not sure how many of them would keep an employee around while openly admitting to breaking the law

Last edited by JBT; 11-14-2017 at 01:42 PM..
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #104
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Have bow will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
And I gotta say Riverrat1 called the derailing in the very beginning.
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #105
boblee
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Typical young pothead response

Super intelligent also posting on a public site that you openly break the law
Is that right?
I suppose that I'm a "typical young pothead" too. Well, not exactly. I'm 71 years old and I've been smoking it in moderation for almost fifty years now. Said so out loud on this particular forum several times.
In conjunction with the admission, I've also mentioned that I'm a professional in the workforce with an annual income in six figures and a credit score of 837 as of last week.
I don't drive or work while under the influence of marijuana - just as I don't drive or work while drinking.
Hoss, I suggest that you're a little behind the times - maybe oughta get out and socialize some, catch up a bit. Sensible people do not care! Hell, the City Of Dallas proper just passed an ordinance that if a driver is stopped with less than 4 ounces, they just write a citation, don't take the person to jail. Probably, it can be paid online.

Oh... And your suggestion that all casual users should relocate to Colorado? You don't speak for the entire State of Texas.

Bob Lee
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #106
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
with that being said I'm not sure how many of them would keep an employee around while openly admitting to breaking the law
Hence the question...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #107
slicktree
Eight Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, Bandera, and Kerr county

I do it to. Oddly enough I do not want it legalized for recreational use, just medicinal. I'm self employed make 6 figures a yr and have a good credit score as well. I don't do it and drive, I don't do it and work. I do it on my back porch then eat some dinner, watch tv, and go to bed. If it does become legal for recreational use I would hope they would treat the people driving under the influence the same as people driving under the influence of alcohol. Same fines, jail time, probation classes etc.

Edit: I **** sure don't do it when I hunt

Last edited by slicktree; 11-14-2017 at 01:59 PM..
slicktree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #108
RedRaider323
Eight Point

Hunt In: Robert Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
Is that right?
I suppose that I'm a "typical young pothead" too. Well, not exactly. I'm 71 years old and I've been smoking it in moderation for almost fifty years now. Said so out loud on this particular forum several times.
In conjunction with the admission, I've also mentioned that I'm a professional in the workforce with an annual income in six figures and a credit score of 837 as of last week.
I don't drive or work while under the influence of marijuana - just as I don't drive or work while drinking.
Hoss, I suggest that you're a little behind the times - maybe oughta get out and socialize some, catch up a bit. Sensible people do not care! Hell, the City Of Dallas proper just passed an ordinance that if a driver is stopped with less than 4 ounces, they just write a citation, don't take the person to jail. Probably, it can be paid online.

Oh... And your suggestion that all casual users should relocate to Colorado? You don't speak for the entire State of Texas.

Bob Lee
I have a VERY similar story to Bob, but I'm only in my late 40's.

Sure are a lot of uninformed and judgemental people on this thread.
RedRaider323 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #109
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider323 View Post
I have a VERY similar story to Bob, but I'm only in my late 40's.

Sure are a lot of uninformed and judgemental people on this thread.
Just people showing their age or closed mindedness.
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #110
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead, TX

I don't smoke but it is absurd that it was ever outlawed in the first place.... Of course money was behind that!

Can't wait till it is legal... I have alot of land to farm!!!!!!!!!
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #111
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Its too bad for people that like it, but anything we can do to deter the amount of hippies in our state should be encouraged.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #112
bullets13
Eight Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

I was never big on using pot, but IMO it's no worse than drinking. I think it should be legal like alcohol for those who want to use it responsibly. Tax the crap out of it and make the state some money. But that being said, I certainly believe that medicinal marijuana and other products derived from it for medical purposes should be legal.
bullets13 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #113
slicktree
Eight Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, Bandera, and Kerr county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Its too bad for people that like it, but anything we can do to deter the amount of hippies in our state should be encouraged.
This is exactly why I don't want it legal for recreational use lol.
slicktree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #114
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

I'm all for it being legal for medical use.
I'm torn on it being legal for rec use as I believe it should be for adults but then just like alcohol kids will use it earlier because it won't be a big deal to get caught with it.

It definitely has it's place for medical treatment, pain, appetite etc etc etc. Goes on and on.

I also see it as safer rec use than alcohol is but I definitely don't want my kid using it or drinking alcohol for that matter until he's old enough to do so properly and safely
SCREAMINREELS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #115
Tx_Wader
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jackson County and Utopia

Quote:
Even makes me a better hunter.
So you need a mind altering drug to make you a better hunter?

"Some immediate physical effects of marijuana include a faster heartbeat and pulse rate, blood shot eyes, and a dry mouth and throat. No scientific evidence indicates that marijuana improves hearing, eyesight, and skin sensitivity. Studies have found marijuana to impair or reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things that require concentration, swift reactions, and coordination (e.g. driving a car) for at least 4-6 hours after smoking a single marijuana cigarette. Studies have indicated that marijuana abusers’ risk for heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. Some research studies suggest that marijuana use may result in premature babies, low birth weights, and influence hormone levels in both men and women, and effecting menstrual cycles and temporary loss of fertility for women. Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients known to cause emphysema and cancer."

Glad it works for you though

CBD on the other hand may be the new miracle drug for those with epileptic issues.
Tx_Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #116
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
I'm all for it being legal for medical use.
I'm torn on it being legal for rec use as I believe it should be for adults but then just like alcohol kids will use it earlier because it won't be a big deal to get caught with it.

It definitely has it's place for medical treatment, pain, appetite etc etc etc. Goes on and on.

I also see it as safer rec use than alcohol is but I definitely don't want my kid using it or drinking alcohol for that matter until he's old enough to do so properly and safely
You should place some cameras and mics in your local HS and junior high. Only problem would be the of hard drug users would scare the tar out of you.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #117
TexasArchery_27
Six Point

Hunt In: Red River County, Lindale, and Llano County

Marijuana can be used for quite a few medical conditions in my opinion. Not sure why the DEA has deemed it a schedule 1 drug (No medicinal use), after very convincing case studies and stories like this.

Any Indica-based strain would be excellent for people wanting to alleviate anxiety, insomnia, or reduce the incidence of seizures. I would rather see the insomnia and anxiety be treated with MJ than Benzodiazepines or Anti-depressants

--Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.

Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 11-14-2017 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: add
TexasArchery_27 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #118
bollomb
Eight Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
Marijuana can be used for quite a few medical conditions in my opinion. Not sure why the DEA has deemed it a schedule 1 drug (No medicinal use), after very convincing case studies and stories like this.

Any Indica-based strain would be excellent for people wanting to alleviate anxiety, insomnia, or reduce the incidence of seizures. I would rather see the insomnia and anxiety be treated with MJ than Benzodiazepines or Anti-depressants

--Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Lobbyist paying the right ppl to keep it on the list has a lot to do with it
bollomb is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #119
pilar
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and la pryer , Jeff Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi Bear View Post
CBD has some tremendous benefits. I’ve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
Ketamine is a schedule 3
Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
I am ready to legalize it I have PTSD and suffering insomnia, I don't have it when I smoke mj
And the wife suffers from a L7 spinal fusion

Last edited by pilar; 11-14-2017 at 04:41 PM..
pilar is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #120
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

My left knee hurts when its going to rain..
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #121
TexasArchery_27
Six Point

Hunt In: Red River County, Lindale, and Llano County

Lol that's from the change in barometric pressure, causing inflammation.
TexasArchery_27 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #122
Part Timer
Six Point

Hunt In: Cleveland, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
http://www.comedycentral.com.au/key-...ical-marijuana
Part Timer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #123
Sean
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas and Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Timer View Post
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #124
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinesintx View Post
CBD is legal in Texas. Storefronts should be opening soon. CBD does not get you high...but works really well on seizures. My kid had seizures for a few years but outgrew them. If you’ve never seen one in person, trust me, you’d do anything to help your child. The current medicines that are used for seizures are extremely harsh and have lots of side effects. They literally can change your child’s personality and affect the child’s ability to learn.

I don't wanna read all the back & forth, so I quit here:

CBD is legal in all 50 states...my daughter is on it as well for her seizures.

They are also making strides on the THC side as well & working to remove the high effects for those wanting to avoid that, while maintaining the benefits for pain & help with appetite...pretty amazing plant & nobody should be against the OP's topic. MEDICAL!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #125
Hunter Todd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin co. /Boswell, Ok.

Quote:
Roll this man a Fat One!!! Quick
Hunter Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #126
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Saw this on yahoo today. Did a comparison between Pot and alcohol. I use CBD for inflammation, seems to work good for me

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/332...c-look-at.html

Last edited by bps3040; 11-14-2017 at 05:18 PM..
bps3040 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #127
3whunt
Four Point

Hunt In: SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDFWU View Post
I personally do not partake and never have but I'm for complete legalization and after seeing this on another website yesterday, I could honestly say, if this were my kid there is NOTHING i wouldn't do to get him the medicine he needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dXbIO08ovc

This was literally one of the scariest yet mind boggling thing I've seen in a long time.
My god. How anyone can deny this is beyond me. That rips my heart and soul out as a father of four. I just don't understand how we as a society could deny this. As much as we collectively ***** about illegal abuse of hunting priveledges, how in the hell can we deny this to people wanting to use it legally.

I have tried it and I hate it. Hell I can't hardly stand campfire smoke.

Our priorities and laws are ****ed up if this works for these kids (and really anyone). So be it! I dip and drink way too much. It will end up getting me. I have no problem with people wanting....no, needing the benefits of this drug.
3whunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #128
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land

Question for the folks who use CBD oil.. Can you recommend a good oil and where to get a good deal on it?

Chronic pain sucks. I've refused heavy pain meds. The VA has offered me several choices such as Tramadol, Hydrocodone and others. I only take Ibuprofen.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #129
ladrones
Pope & Young

https://www.hekahempco.com

It is legal here with a script card. You can grow your own or buy from a dispensary.

If I could maintain employment with company policy as well is maintain my CDL I would get a script card of my own. I can qualify.

I know many who absolutely benefit from the use of a natural plant.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #130
Notaguide
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: McLennan Co.

I think we all should have a brownie.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU
Notaguide is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #131
IDFWU
Six Point

Hunt In: Pearsall, Uvalde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaguide View Post
I think we all should have a brownie.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU
That's pretty dang funny. I must have had one of those brownies b/c this week is going by really really really slow.
IDFWU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #132
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #133
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #134
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
Again, to clarify I NEVER said it was cool to drive stoned. I said you don't hear about people doing it and killing people like you do alcohol.
Since you didnt hear about it, it must be fact. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
I will be the first to say legalize it for all I care. Tax it. Make the laws similar to tobacco and harsh penalties for black market marijuana. But I will also chime in and say I have worked fatal car crashes that the major contributing factor was "high" on marijuana.. It does slow reaction times, hinders depth perception, and other things that are important when operating a vehicle. You find out after the fact that they were high on marijuana when the blood results from the eyeball come back.
I have worked many more from alcohol.

Raise the penalties for driving impaired. I don't care what they are impaired on.
agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
I don't smoke but it is absurd that it was ever outlawed in the first place.... Of course money was behind that!

Can't wait till it is legal... I have alot of land to farm!!!!!!!!!
Then all those pigs you got till be high!!
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #135
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25...ic-fatalities/
Who's brainwashed? the dope head maybe?
Quick search and you could easily see how ridiculously flawed your logic is
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #136
hrdwrkncwby76
Ten Point

Hunt In: public land
Default If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

This thread is very disappointing to me. I have seen some very ignorant and knee jerk reaction comments on here. Some of y’all need to actually educate yourself before you try being a keyboard warrior.

To the OP yes it works only without the nasty side effects. But just like pills there are different kinds and strains for each reaction. The CBD that is legal in Texas is not optimal. The user only gets roughly 30% effects from what is allowed here in Texas. CBD with optimal effects does contain THC with the best results at roughly a 1:1 ratio. The 1:1 CBD has a synergistic relationship. Before Clayton died of cancer we used the local CBD oils and while he did get some relief he received the most relief from the stuff I brought back from Colorado and didn’t get “high” with it. I also have other close personal friends that have had to use the oils on their kids seizures with great improvements. They went from something like 170-180 episodes per day to roughly 3-4 episodes per month with daily treatment. With relief at onset within about 10 seconds. Clayton even used a vaporizer (heating element to release the THC/CBD without burning and getting carcinogenic effects) to “smoke” strain specific weed while in treatment and would get noticeable results within 5 mins unlike the pills (30-60 mins) or the IV meds that took forever to get from the pharmacy in the hospital. He was actually able to take himself off of some of the pain meds because of weed.

I myself have been weened off of the pill buffet from the VA thanks to my own vaporizer and the research of different strains of weed. I am now able to control my pain with minimal usage. I don’t like to get high but with only 2-4 hits depending on how old the bowl is my spasms and pain disappear and the stuff that I currently am using also helps me focus in college. So while yes I could get high if I wanted I don’t. Also the variety a person smokes dictates the effect. Most people associate the typical stoner reaction as being almost zombie like but that comes from a Indica strain. The people who are out in the world and functioning are probably using more of a Sativa strain. Here are a couple of useful visuals for strain or type references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hrdwrkncwby76 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #137
JeffJ
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Somewhere in the hillcountry golden triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
you might lose that bet! There are a surprising number of high paying professions/companies that don't drug test or if they do only drug test on hire date - with that being said I'm not sure how many of them would keep an employee around while openly admitting to breaking the law
This. I know some recreational smokers who earn north of $250k in a job you wouldn't expect a smoker to be in. They don't sit around and pass a bong or advertise that they smoke. If I lined them up with 20 people you would pick them last. Great husbands, great parents, great citizens, etc. If we would legalize it, tax it, treat any underage possession and under the influence offenses like we do booze we would be fine.
JeffJ is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #138
J Sweet
Pope & Young

I have a better argument. How the eff is it any of yalls business what a free citizen does in his own home if it isn't a crime of moral turpitude?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #139
jshouse
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25...ic-fatalities/
Who's brainwashed? the dope head maybe?
Quick search and you could easily see how ridiculously flawed your logic is
woops.....
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #140
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
This thread is very disappointing to me. I have seen some very ignorant and knee jerk reaction comments on here. Some of y’all need to actually educate yourself before you try being a keyboard warrior.

To the OP yes it works only without the nasty side effects. But just like pills there are different kinds and strains for each reaction. The CBD that is legal in Texas is not optimal. The user only gets roughly 30% effects from what is allowed here in Texas. CBD with optimal effects does contain THC with the best results at roughly a 1:1 ratio. The 1:1 CBD has a synergistic relationship. Before Clayton died of cancer we used the local CBD oils and while he did get some relief he received the most relief from the stuff I brought back from Colorado and didn’t get “high” with it. I also have other close personal friends that have had to use the oils on their kids seizures with great improvements. They went from something like 170-180 episodes per day to roughly 3-4 episodes per month with daily treatment. With relief at onset within about 10 seconds. Clayton even used a vaporizer (heating element to release the THC/CBD without burning and getting carcinogenic effects) to “smoke” strain specific weed while in treatment and would get noticeable results within 5 mins unlike the pills (30-60 mins) or the IV meds that took forever to get from the pharmacy in the hospital. He was actually able to take himself off of some of the pain meds because of weed.

I myself have been weened off of the pill buffet from the VA thanks to my own vaporizer and the research of different strains of weed. I am now able to control my pain with minimal usage. I don’t like to get high but with only 2-4 hits depending on how old the bowl is my spasms and pain disappear and the stuff that I currently am using also helps me focus in college. So while yes I could get high if I wanted I don’t. Also the variety a person smokes dictates the effect. Most people associate the typical stoner reaction as being almost zombie like but that comes from a Indica strain. The people who are out in the world and functioning are probably using more of a Sativa strain. Here are a couple of useful visuals for strain or type references.

I knew there was a reason I like you Brad. Good info right there.
Stoof is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #141
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
This. I know some recreational smokers who earn north of $250k in a job you wouldn't expect a smoker to be in. They don't sit around and pass a bong or advertise that they smoke. If I lined them up with 20 people you would pick them last. Great husbands, great parents, great citizens, etc. If we would legalize it, tax it, treat any underage possession and under the influence offenses like we do booze we would be fine.
And I know some high dollar lawyers who snort crack. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
I have a better argument. How the eff is it any of yalls business what a free citizen does in his own home if it isn't a crime of moral turpitude?
The same as it's people's business when others do meth, crack, suicide, or a thousand other things that are illegal but yet don't appear to directly affect other people.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #142
JeffJ
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Somewhere in the hillcountry golden triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

The same as it's people's business when others do meth, crack, suicide, or a thousand other things that are illegal but yet don't appear to directly affect other people.
It was a response to Rubi513. Point being users of marijuana are most always painted with a broad brush.

Wont discuss(argue) with you. Years on the green screen have taught me you are close minded, inflexible and unable to see others point of view if it doesn't fit you. Good day.

Last edited by JeffJ; 11-15-2017 at 03:13 PM..
JeffJ is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #143
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton
Default If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

And yet, they original point the OP made and the outstanding personal experiences of a few, get washed down the drain and ignored by the ones on here who just want to turn this into a "weed" bashing bonanza.

I wouldn't smoke a joint if you paid my *** to. But many of y'all are just spouting your own marijuana crap instead of actually reading some of the benefits of the medical side of CBD Oils. Or just don't give a s*** as it doesn't fit your stance on Pot. I've also worked fatal accidents due to people being out of their gord, high from smoking too much weed. He was sharing the effects and possible relief some may get from its by products when all else fails.

I'm off today, sitting next to my wife as she "feels" like she might have a seizure today. So she's sleeping and taking another extra Keppra. And we're praying it works.

Wish I could get my hands on some good CBD oil for her right now, so I wasn't sitting here about to puke my guts out from the stress of what may happen today. I've already lined the floor with pillows, got the car ready, and all my kids are on "standby" in case we have to go or call 911.

Thanks to the couple who have shared their experience with CBD and what they have seen it do to make days like I'm having today, maybe not be so common.

Last edited by Bullydog; 11-15-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #144
hrdwrkncwby76
Ten Point

Hunt In: public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullydog View Post
And yet, they original point the OP made and the outstanding personal experiences of a few, get washed down the drain and ignored by the ones on here who just want to turn this into a "weed" bashing bonanza.

I wouldn't smoke a joint if you paid my *** to. But many of y'all are just spouting your own marijuana crap instead of actually reading some of the benefits of the medical side of CBD Oils. Or just don't give a s*** as it doesn't fit your stance on Pot. I've also worked fatal accidents due to people being out of their gord, high from smoking too much weed. He was sharing the effects and possible relief some may get from its by products when all else fails.

I'm off today, sitting next to my wife as she "feels" like she might have a seizure today. So she's sleeping and taking another extra Keppra. And we're praying it works.

Wish I could get my hands on some good CBD oil for her right now, so I wasn't sitting here about to puke my guts out from the stress of what may happen today. I've already lined the floor with pillows, got the car ready, and all my kids are on "standby" in case we have to go or call 911.

Thanks to the couple who have shared their experience with CBD and what they have seen it do to make days like I'm having today, maybe not be so common.

Pm sent

hrdwrkncwby76 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #145
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
Pm sent

Didn't come through sir. I'll check again in a few.

Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #146
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:

Lol! Your ignorance is showing. People don't snort crack. In other words, your statement about knowing lawyers who do, is pure BS.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #147
jesterdoc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Garcitas Creek...and where Ever I get an invite...

You should see that benefits it has for Parkinson's.

And Cancer.

And Chronic Pain.

And Alzheimer's.

And about 2 dozen other disease processes and conditions.
jesterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #148
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:

How is any of things you just mentioned any of your business. Serious question?
Old 11-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #149
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
How is any of things you just mentioned any of your business. Serious question?
Are you saying we should have no laws?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #150
Tom
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocky Mountains, Africa

Name:  friday funny.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  29.4 KB
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top