Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #51
jlptexashunter
Ten Point
 
jlptexashunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Carrollton
Hunt In: Govt Cheese and Invites
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
The video is heartbreaking, i have known a few folks that have seizures. Its a nightmare. And my libertarian side wants to agree with some of yall. But good grief, come up with a valid argument. All the dopeheads wanting to make it legal to smoke supposedly because of medical use is ridiculous. The coca plant, poppies etc are used to make beneficial medications/drugs too. But that doesnt mean we should make heroin and crack legal......geez. Cant yall see, you are being used by the recreational smokers to get it legalized for their own purposes. I have never met anyone who is against the medicinal use of MJ after the actual useful chemicals are extracted, for true medical purposes, prescribed by a dr. Just like morphine, codeine etc. Absolutely, people that have siezures should be able to purchase prescribed drugs, derived from MJ when prescribed by a DR. That doesnt mean Billybob should be able to smoke dope for fun.....
So Billybob can run out and buy a Dirty 30 with a couple bottles of Jack and you're cool with it but by GAWD don't let him grab a couple of splifs...That will ruin the whole party. You don't make any dang sense.
jlptexashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #52
helibow
Ten Point
 
helibow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Colorado Springs
Hunt In: Bosque Cty and Colorado
Default

Well, i'll chime in... living in Colorado and having spent 25 years in healthcare, it has defined benefits - both clinically and economically. There are trade-offs... but the pro's out weight the con's. As a Paramedic, I saw more catastrophic damage from people consuming alcohol versus pot (not to mention CBD which doesnt get you 'high').

I will say that I still find myself reacting when I smell it in public because i've only been up here a couple of years. Happened recently, I was like "what the hell, they are just smoking weed out here in public..." then my own reality hit as I took a sip of crown and coke out of a red solo cup... there really was no difference at that point, both are legal and both require the same amount of self control if you are going to consume.

I dont smoke it (or eat it.. or whatever) but I do support it.
helibow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #53
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I will be the first to say legalize it for all I care. Tax it. Make the laws similar to tobacco and harsh penalties for black market marijuana. But I will also chime in and say I have worked fatal car crashes that the major contributing factor was "high" on marijuana.. It does slow reaction times, hinders depth perception, and other things that are important when operating a vehicle. You find out after the fact that they were high on marijuana when the blood results from the eyeball come back.
I have worked many more from alcohol.

Raise the penalties for driving impaired. I don't care what they are impaired on.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #54
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point
 
TX_Hoghunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Caddo Mills, TX
Hunt In: Harper, TX
Default

I have seen numerous people throw their lives away after getting hook. I also know several more that have used for years without any problem at all. My problem is it changes your brain. Personally I like my brain just the way it is. I can see where it can have medical uses but that gets used for bs reasons. In CA if you have ever felt pain in your life you get a card.

-john
TX_Hoghunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #55
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
Ok, that's fine. That's just the facts : )....; BTW what's with the pothead remark? Do you drink? Does that make you an alcoholic?
Take a look at a few of his live threads and that will answer your questions

I'm all for legalizing it in every form and can't imagine someone being against the CBD oils.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #56
jlptexashunter
Ten Point
 
jlptexashunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Carrollton
Hunt In: Govt Cheese and Invites
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
What I find sad is even when it's legalized to be used for medical purposes anyone can get it. All you have to say is you can't sleep or your back hurts or whatever. In my book that's not right. People are basically abusing it and making a mockery out of that little boy and people who need it for a legit reason.
You mean just like the 1,000,000 mom's out there hooked on Opiates? They're taking their kids and themselves to the ER every week to make sure they can get Hydrocodone. There are always abusers to the system.
jlptexashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #57
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlptexashunter View Post
So Billybob can run out and buy a Dirty 30 with a couple bottles of Jack and you're cool with it but by GAWD don't let him grab a couple of splifs...That will ruin the whole party. You don't make any dang sense.
Where did I state I am "cool with" with alcohol? I dont know what a Dirty 30 is so not sure if i am Ok with it or not......are you sure I'M the one not making sense, arguing against points I did not make?
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #58
Texas8point
Pope & Young
 
Texas8point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorthunder View Post
A year ago I was in the {they just want to get high camp}

I have jumped to the other side of the ranch.

It really does have a place in today's world.....
I have seen people with Parkinson's and seizures and chronic pain all benefit from it. I totally agree it does have a place in the world today.
I personally think its less harmful than alcohol.
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #59
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

Weed's too slow, let's legalize coke!
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #60
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi Bear View Post
CBD has some tremendous benefits. Iíve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
Ketamine is a schedule 3
Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.



I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

"It's not what drugs you're strung out on they care about
So much as whose.."
-Todd Snider-
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #61
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
The video is heartbreaking, i have known a few folks that have seizures. Its a nightmare. And my libertarian side wants to agree with some of yall. But good grief, come up with a valid argument. All the dopeheads wanting to make it legal to smoke supposedly because of medical use is ridiculous. The coca plant, poppies etc are used to make beneficial medications/drugs too. But that doesnt mean we should make heroin and crack legal......geez. Cant yall see, you are being used by the recreational smokers to get it legalized for their own purposes. I have never met anyone who is against the medicinal use of MJ after the actual useful chemicals are extracted, for true medical purposes, prescribed by a dr. Just like morphine, codeine etc. Absolutely, people that have siezures should be able to purchase prescribed drugs, derived from MJ when prescribed by a DR. That doesnt mean Billybob should be able to smoke dope for fun.....
You typed the bolded. You are an evil uneducated person now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Where did I state I am "cool with" with alcohol? I dont know what a Dirty 30 is so not sure if i am Ok with it or not......are you sure I'M the one not making sense, arguing against points I did not make?
If you don't say pot should be 100% legal you will be dog piled.

How did I foresee this thread going this way Would have never guessed.

And I didn't quote the 5-10 people blabbing about all the pot haters... But if you think people here are against pot products helping those with true medical needs PLEASE quote the posts where people said they were against that.

That's right, you can't. Try reading for once when you're not high maybe.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #62
UltraMax
Ten Point
 
UltraMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Iím not judging you, but thatís a typical pot head response.


Skinny
He's prolly worked at the same head shop or has delivered pizza for the past 11 years.
UltraMax is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #63
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlptexashunter View Post
You mean just like the 1,000,000 mom's out there hooked on Opiates? They're taking their kids and themselves to the ER every week to make sure they can get Hydrocodone. There are always abusers to the system.
Yes sir just like them. I have a cousin that does it and she's not long for this world and its sad to say it. Same situation you described. It's not fair to the kids and it's wrong but it happens every day.

And in my opinion there are a lot of doctors that shouldn't be doctors for that very reason.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #64
slicktricker
Ten Point
 
slicktricker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Plano tx
Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
You typed the bolded. You are an evil uneducated person now.



If you don't say pot should be 100% legal you will be dog piled.

How did I foresee this thread going this way Would have never guessed.

And I didn't quote the 5-10 people blabbing about all the pot haters... But if you think people here are against pot products helping those with true medical needs PLEASE quote the posts where people said they were against that.

That's right, you can't. Try reading for once when you're not high maybe.
I believe most of the dog piling is because of your ignorant uneducated comment originally.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #65
bollomb
Eight Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
He's prolly worked at the same head shop or has delivered pizza for the past 11 years.
While you type this from your moms basement..
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #66
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
Well, you sure are generalizing arent you? Almost sounds like you are saying that people that dont agree with you are wrong, by using your statement "brainwashed". You must be better than all of those that drink, because you smoke pot.

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 11-14-2017 at 12:09 PM..
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #67
jshouse
Ten Point
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
You typed the bolded. You are an evil uneducated person now.



If you don't say pot should be 100% legal you will be dog piled.

How did I foresee this thread going this way Would have never guessed.

And I didn't quote the 5-10 people blabbing about all the pot haters... But if you think people here are against pot products helping those with true medical needs PLEASE quote the posts where people said they were against that.

That's right, you can't. Try reading for once when you're not high maybe.
i think yall are on the same team here bud....
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #68
Texastaxi
Pope & Young
 
Texastaxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of Houston
Hunt In: now accepting invitations!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I've been with same company 11 years never had a drug test. Most everyone I work with smokes. I am very valuable to my company and would not be fired either way. Do I enjoy the high.. ofcourse, but it also balances me out in other ways .Thanks for your concern!
Yeah, you must be high!
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #69
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktricker View Post
I believe most of the dog piling is because of your ignorant uneducated comment originally.
Because I knew this thread would become exactly what it did become?

Or because one person on the internet used something that supposedly stopped a seizure when we have no idea what was really used, how long that kids seizure would have lasted with no medicine, or other medications?

But sure you're right. That phase 3 trial should be good enough for the FDA to grant Orphan Drug Status. Heck just approve it as a legal drug based on that internet video.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #70
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

.

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 11-14-2017 at 12:06 PM..
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #71
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
i think yall are on the same team here bud....
The last part of my post was to others, not Miket. He knows that.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #72
MySRT8U
Pope & Young
 
MySRT8U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Schertz
Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Because I knew this thread would become exactly what it did become?

Or because one person on the internet used something that supposedly stopped a seizure when we have no idea what was really used, how long that kids seizure would have lasted with no medicine, or other medications?

But sure you're right. That phase 3 trial should be good enough for the FDA to grant Orphan Drug Status. Heck just approve it as a legal drug based on that internet video.
if you think the FDA has our best interests in mind you're crazier than I thought lol.
MySRT8U is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #73
Rich...
Eight Point
 
Rich...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Paris
Hunt In: Lamar Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinesintx View Post
CBD is legal in Texas. Storefronts should be opening soon. CBD does not get you high...but works really well on seizures. My kid had seizures for a few years but outgrew them. If youíve never seen one in person, trust me, youíd do anything to help your child. The current medicines that are used for seizures are extremely harsh and have lots of side effects. They literally can change your childís personality and affect the childís ability to learn.
I'm on meds for seizures and I don't think I've ever heard of cbd helping with seizures. I think I'll look into that.
Rich... is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #74
UltraMax
Ten Point
 
UltraMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollomb View Post
While you type this from your moms basement..
That's good, that's good, funny man.
UltraMax is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #75
Stoof
Pope & Young
 
Stoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Souther Austin
Hunt In: Will work for hunts.
Default

Nancy Reagan is not happy with some of y'all right now.
Stoof is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #76
slicktricker
Ten Point
 
slicktricker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Plano tx
Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Because I knew this thread would become exactly what it did become?

Or because one person on the internet used something that supposedly stopped a seizure when we have no idea what was really used, how long that kids seizure would have lasted with no medicine, or other medications?

But sure you're right. That phase 3 trial should be good enough for the FDA to grant Orphan Drug Status. Heck just approve it as a legal drug based on that internet video.
Probably because you had the derailing attitude from the start mostly. Besides your interpretation of what these patients have been given the debate hasn't been whether or not it's REALLY what they're recieving.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #77
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
I'm on meds for seizures and I don't think I've ever heard of cbd helping with seizures. I think I'll look into that.
I'm pretty sure there is a TBHer who's child has seizures who has seen the benefits of the CBD oils. You might try a search and see what you can find.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #78
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
I must have missed the part where he said he smokes on the job
That's why he is asking the question...Maybe you missed that part.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #79
Sean
Ten Point
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian, Texas
Hunt In: Texas and Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
Nancy Reagan is not happy with some of y'all right now.
If she smoked a big fat doobie she would be VERY happy.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
Stoof
Pope & Young
 
Stoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Souther Austin
Hunt In: Will work for hunts.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
If she smoked a big fat doobie she would be VERY happy.
What happens on the roof of the White House stays on the roof of the White House.
Stoof is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #81
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Milam County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I've been with same company 11 years never had a drug test. Most everyone I work with smokes. I am very valuable to my company and would not be fired either way. Do I enjoy the high.. ofcourse, but it also balances me out in other ways .Thanks for your concern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Iím not judging you, but thatís a typical pot head response.


Skinny
Personally, I think there is some solid truth in his response. If used in correct moderation it works much like coming home after a stressful day and having a few beers. It's a different buzz, very calming and de-stressing, no hang-over and helps you sleep. I also think it's much easier to moderate than alcohol, but that very well could be just me.

With that being said, moderation is always the key. It can be abused by people that think they need to be high all the time. I've just never had the urge to use in that form.
Birddog66 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #82
tpack
Eight Point
 
tpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Comanche ,Erath,Mills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
you didn't answer the question, what is your profession ?

Are you ever "high" on the job ?

I could care less if you smoke indica, sensimilla, or hashish ... it's your life.

I would be concerned if you're a school bus driver or Air Traffic Controller
Still waiting!!!!!
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #83
kcmarullo
Ten Point
 
kcmarullo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Danbury Tx
Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma
Default mj

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
It's more that I could give a **** less what anyone thinks than I am proud of it. Never said I was special, just not brainwashed. I am more successful and responsible than most of these people out there who judge guys like me!

Anyhow, the rut is going. I am ready for the weekend how about ya'll !! ! : )
WoW just wow ?
kcmarullo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #84
JBT
Six Point
 
JBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Montague, Grayson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
That's why he is asking the question...Maybe you missed that part.
IS that why he's asking the question?
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #85
Johnny quest
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Hunt In: Wise ,Montague
Default

I hate being stoned. I have smoked it and I inhaled. lol But I do take CBD oil.
Johnny quest is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #86
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
IS that why he's asking the question?
I would assume so. I am interested as well.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #87
JBT
Six Point
 
JBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Montague, Grayson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
I would assume so. I am interested as well.
would you and/or Cajun be as interested if he had said he drinks beer recreationally?
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #88
BigCohiba
Spike
 
BigCohiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Huffman
Hunt In: Angelina County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
I'm all for the legalization/decriminalization and taxing of mj - but let's not kid ourselves, it is still a mind altering drug and just like alcohol should not be mixed with driving - just because it is safer and has fewer negative side effects than alcohol does not mean it is any less dangerous to drive on - as with most things in life moderation is key
Agree 100%. My job keeps me from smoking now - but when I retire, I am planning to fire up!
BigCohiba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #89
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
would you and/or Cajun be as interested if he had said he drinks beer recreationally?
I would be interested if he drinks at work.

I don't care what the man does for recreation use. However, I am interested in what profession would not have a problem with one of its employees knowingly smoking pot.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #90
dbaio1
Pope & Young
 
dbaio1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Humble, TX (Atascocita)
Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area
Default

I don't need the government telling me what to eat, drink or smoke. Like anything you have to stay in control. Addiction is real but not everyone has that kind of problem. Booze, tobacco or what ever. If you do anything that impairs you while working, driving, shooting or what not, you should pay the price. Yep stirring the pot today.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #91
topduarte
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Default

Why did I open that video?
topduarte is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #92
JBT
Six Point
 
JBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Montague, Grayson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
I would be interested if he drinks at work.

I don't care what the man does for recreation use. However, I am interested in what profession would not have a problem with one of its employees knowingly
how come? thinking about making a career change
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #93
bollomb
Eight Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
how come? thinking about making a career change
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #94
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
Typical young pothead response

Super intelligent also posting on a public site that you openly break the law
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #95
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I am totally for the legalization of medical marijuana. For seizures and these reasons.

Do a little research it is low grade marijuana and you do not get high. But in terms of legalizing all weed..HECK NO!!!!! You can take your self to Colorado for that and stay there
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #96
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
Driving stoned kills people.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:22 PM   #97
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
He's prolly worked at the same head shop or has delivered pizza for the past 11 years.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #98
bollomb
Eight Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Typical young pothead response

Super intelligent also posting on a public site that you openly break the law
Iím sure the DEA will be waiting for him when he gets home
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #99
JBT
Six Point
 
JBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Montague, Grayson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
Driving stoned kills people.
Agreed and that part of his original post rubbed me the wrong way as well - if you read the full thread he did post later to clarify that he didn't support driving under the influence of any substance and only brought it up as a comparison to the many more driving deaths attributed to the currently legal drug, alcohol
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #100
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
how come? thinking about making a career change
Negative. I would bet it doesnít pay well.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com