Truck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck ?

Would u trade a 2000 dodge diesel r/c flatbed 2wd plain jane truck in good condition, for a 05 ford f250 four door xl pkg 4wd diesel with 195k miles. Dodge has 133k. Very little money, if any, would change hands.

I would. Depending on condition.

Comment

Yes
      Only if i was trading the dodge for the Ford. No, if other way around

Comment

No worries bout ford diesel?

Comment

Hail no...............6.0 ford no thanks. That is if your trading the dodge for the ford.

Comment

Naw. if it has the 6.0 chances are it has already had the bugs worked out

Comment

I'm stuck in the middle on this one. I'm a 4wd guy but a dodge guy also. The mileage is better in the dodge but the ford is 5 yrs newer but has the 6.0 and that scares me. If you want a truck that looks better and would make a better truck to hunt out of then go with the ford. If its a work truck and you don't go anywhere u need 4wd then stick with the dodge. I'm may have just confused u more

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I'm stuck in the middle on this one. I'm a 4wd guy but a dodge guy also. The mileage is better in the dodge but the ford is 5 yrs newer but has the 6.0 and that scares me. If you want a truck that looks better and would make a better truck to hunt out of then go with the ford. If its a work truck and you don't go anywhere u need 4wd then stick with the dodge. I'm may have just confused u more
                  Really wanting 4wd to hunt out of. Mpg would be better in ford because dodge has 4:10 gears.

Comment

If that ford has over sized mud tires u may be working on the front end right away. So keep that in mind. Personally I would look for a dodge or chevy in same year model 4x4 with less miles. Now this will require more work and cash but the 6.0 has a bad rep. If you dont want the trouble and are looking for a quick trade then have it checked out and do the deal.

Comment

If it's a 6.0....No way.

Comment

man, i'm a ford guy and I don't really like the 6.0. It all depends how much cash out of pocket.

Comment

Sell your dodge outright and buy what you want with cash. The 05 6.0 isn't worth much, although in terms of blue book value it is probably a decent deal. I still wouldn't do it.

Comment

After 100k the 6.0 should have already broken what was gonna break. Those motors have a bad rep. But if you take it to a good diesel mechanic they can make that motor prettymuch bulletproof with just a couple mods, that aren't too expensive. For a newer truck with 4x4, I might have to take that deal. Depending on the "relationship" with the current truck. I would say no if the ford has any lift/bigger tires on it, dont want someone elses toy unless its just so I can have a toy too.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                              After 100k the 6.0 should have already broken what was gonna break. Those motors have a bad rep. But if you take it to a good diesel mechanic they can make that motor prettymuch bulletproof with just a couple mods, that aren't too expensive. For a newer truck with 4x4, I might have to take that deal. Depending on the "relationship" with the current truck. I would say no if the ford has any lift/bigger tires on it, dont want someone elses toy unless its just so I can have a toy too.
                              The only add i see is a front replacement bumper. Has bedliner. Its just a plain truck. It does have after market leather seats added. Cheap looking wheels and tires. One owner. Its sitting on a lot right down from work. Gonna go look tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X