Gps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gps

Looking to get a GPS but dont want to break the bank... What say yee Green Screen on which one to buy?

I'm not a gps guru or anything of the kind but I sure like my Garmin 60csx

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
      I'm not a gps guru or anything of the kind but I sure like my Garmin 60csx
      Had one and liked it too until the batteries corroded in it and ruined it

Comment

Garmin Etrex legend hcx about $150 on amazon or ebay. Load it with map from huntinggpsmaps.com and your done. Very basic affordable and very reliable.

Comment

I love my Garmin 265w. My wife has a 105 but its just too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
            Had one and liked it too until the batteries corroded in it and ruined it
            Reminds me I better check mine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reedjj View Post
              Garmin Etrex legend hcx about $150 on amazon or ebay. Load it with map from huntinggpsmaps.com and your done. Very basic affordable and very reliable.
              I assume the OP wants this for hunting public.
              I have an older Etrex (blue and black, idk what year, no color LCD screen). And I tried to use it once for public, and as SOON as I got into any woods with any sort of overhead obstruction, it would lose signal. Is this still common for the etrex? Im looking for one, too, but want to buy a few other things first.

Comment

Originally posted by reedjj View Post
                Just recently got one of these, but haven't had time to really learn it.
                So far I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
                  I assume the OP wants this for hunting public.
                  I have an older Etrex (blue and black, idk what year, no color LCD screen). And I tried to use it once for public, and as SOON as I got into any woods with any sort of overhead obstruction, it would lose signal. Is this still common for the etrex? Im looking for one, too, but want to buy a few other things first.
                  My etrex legend even works indoor or in the truck.

Comment

Oh ,my bad. I was thinking about for in the truck, not handheld.

Comment

Used it in east, central and south texas. Sand dunes and heavily wooded mountains in NM. While in the wooded mountains was caught in a severe snow storm, couldnt see 40yds in front of you severe and it never miss read once. (i still carry old faithful military compass because it always works) There are better on the market but for the $ i dont think you can beat this one right now. I even varified it on some US forest service stakes that were on the boundary of public and private land.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyhuck View Post
                        I love my Garmin 265w. My wife has a 105 but its just too small.
                        We have two 265w .. ...they have bluetooth and you can use them to check your SD cards in your cams. They are a discontinued model but you can still pick them up for around $100 if you Google them. Some are new and Garmin still supports the software updates.

Comment

i have the 10' model etrex and have been very happy with it, it was like 100 bucks.

Comment

garmin is the best

Comment

its best to save your coins and go all out.... IMO

Get one that has an external type antenna.

FYI the touch screen ones break way to easy just ask RJK70 Garmin's, he was sitting in his truck and dropped it on the floor board and it broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X