12V solar for box stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12V solar for box stand?

Say I want to run two small fans and a cell charger. I assume a 1/2 dead boat battery will power it? What size panel do I need? Amazon cheapo ok?

I've done that for years. I used a regular old 12 volt feeder battery and solar panel like you use on a feeder... Works like a champ. have light rigged up inside the stand too.

Comment

Been looking into the same thing, have an 2016 deep cycle I was going to put in the blind. I was looking at the boat/rv trickle charge panels they have at academy today but they are about 40 bucks, I already have an extra 12v feeder panel, if that works, I’ll give it a try.

Comment

I’m rigging my new blind with lights, heater, a TV and other gadgets powered by a 12v battery and solar panel. Battery will be wired to a power inverter to give me 120v.

Comment

That’s a good idea. I might need to get me something like that.

Comment

So when we hook up a feeder battery to a panel, you just connect the two and that's all there is to it. Can I do the same with the larger setups? Some of the stuff Im finding looks like I need a charger between the panel and the battery?

Looking at this panel- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AV16HZDTPF1LD

Do I need this also?- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Comment

I sit in the truck waiting for hogs at times and I have a 12v fan that I hook to a feeder battery. Won't draw the battery down badly and I can put it on the charger when I get back home. Probably could hook it to the truck for the trip home too.

Comment

Following to see if I should do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinking about doing the same thing. I have kept a 12volt battery with a car plug attached to charge phones b4. Never thought about hooking a fan to it.

Comment

12V solar for box stand?

Find a solar controller and run it through that
                    You’ll over charge your battery over time and kill it.
                    Especially if you leave it connected full time.

Comment

So do the cheap WGI solar panels sold for putting on your feeder battery have a charge controller built in to them? What about the more expensive, with what appears to be higher power output, Elusive Wildlife or ASF panels do those have a charge controller built in them?

T

Comment

Always thought about this! May be the year I try it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X