If you had a $1000 budget......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had a $1000 budget......

And we’re wanting to either build a blind or buy one, what would you do? The blind needs to big big enough for my 6’2” 330# rump to fit comfortably in and draw my bow all the while having someone with me. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated and I am aware of Mitch’s blinds and how awesome they are but I would also like to keep my mind open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krivoman

Comment

Watch the classifieds or look at Krivo

Comment

If you build your own blind and build it to last, it’s going to cost you. The blind you build will need to be maintained and painted. I can assure you, a prefab blind that will not rot or fade will win in the end. That’s been my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
          And we’re wanting to either build a blind or buy one, what would you do? The blind needs to big big enough for my 6’2” 330# rump to fit comfortably in and draw my bow all the while having someone with me. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated and I am aware of Mitch’s blinds and how awesome they are but I would also like to keep my mind open.

After building blinds and hunting in rat infested wasp filled blinds I would wait another year and double my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            After building blinds and hunting in rat infested wasp filled blinds I would wait another year and double my budget.

This. $1000 won’t get you very far these days unless you come across a heck of a deal. You could build one for that but I wouldn’t build it out of wood. If you or someone you know can weld then you have options.

Comment

I have built a lot of great blinds for a lot less than $1000. I used smart side 4x8 siding it works very well and it’s fairly cheap.
              I’m not knocking the Kirovman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If it’s strictly value based I think you’d be better off spending the money on a nice prefabbed stand. By the time you spend the $1,000 in material to build one you will be in it for much more including your labor.
                If you enjoy doing that kind of work then it might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  I have built a lot of great blinds for a lot less than $1000. I used smart side 4x8 siding it works very well and it’s fairly cheap.
                  I’m not knocking the Kirovman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d much rather spend those Saturday’s by the pool and meet someone at the ranch with 1,500 to 2k and have them set them up.

Every time I do something on the cheap with a blind I pay 30% to 50% in learning experience.

Who new South Texas would get 5 inches of Snow and wreck my found blind I had set out a few weeks before.

Comment

I’ve built 5 box blinds in the last year and a half. Deer view windows and doors and Smart Side on elevator brackets.

Four are 6x6 and one is 6x8. The 6x6s are the perfect size IMO.

It’s fun building one and from the prices I’ve seen a prefab blind will cost you 2.5x more and will be smaller.

Comment

I just sketched out an 8x8 blind yesterday I am going to build in place on the ground at my home, big enough to have some big fat cushioned chairs so my wife and her parents can come sit and watch critters. And 8' tall with bow windows (longbow) and gun windows. I can frame it with 2x4's and all the plywood will cost about $500. Not sure what I want to do about windows tho, cheap flip open or good sliders. Throw some carpet inside and a coat or 2 of paint outside and inside.

Comment

I would build 3 nice ones for 1K, instead of buying one. But I love projects like that

Comment

We have built all our blinds in the past and don’t mind doing it but time is valuable and I would only have a weekend to do it..

Comment

I would buy one. You can get a good blind for 1K if you watch The classifieds.

Comment

6x8 blind is the way to go

Windows are the expensive part

Comment

Working...
                              X