No announcement yet.

New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost ......made my mind up to purchase a new truck, but I had a run in with a salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

got a 2015 gmc 1500 with 137,*** miles on it. will keep it a couple more years.

Comment

2009 Duramax with 225,000 miles. Still gets decent mileage and is in great shape. Until I start having problems I am driving it.

Comment

'06 Toyota Sienna - 200,000 miles
          '10 Toyota Tundra - 130,000 miles

I'm trying to run the van for at least 2 more years. Then we will upgrade to a slightly newer/bigger van to fit the kids and their friends a little better.

I'll run the wheels off my Tundra.

Comment

2009 Nissan Xterra with 220,000 miles. Still my daily driver, 20mpg and im driving this into the ground. Best vehicle ive ever owned.

Comment

It’s not beat up, could use a paint job. It doesn’t bother me to get a new scratch.

Comment

I have 1997 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Sport I bought new. I drove it every day when I was in the ARMY, now I just use it to hunt & fish. I have 143,000 miles on it.

Comment

Wife's 07 Tahoe was traded in last Oct with 198k. I really wanted that last 2k to reach 200k. My '12 F150 has 129k on it. In 2.5 years it will become my boys first ride and if he doesn't take care of it he can walk. 10 years or more is what I try to keep them for. Tahoe started costing me more than what it was worth so ole Bessy had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                    I’ve bought two new trucks in the past 21 years and still drive 98 z71 every day. The 2011 is just getting broke in good. Anyone else drive the wheels off???

Same here.... 98 z71. If I could find another one just like it new I would take it. Love that body style. Good motors to.

Comment

Currently GMC Sierra 07 5.3. 103,000, and Chevy Cobalt 08 99,000. I want a new truck but can't justify it. Both bought new.

Comment

My 05 Z71 has 286k on the 2nd tranny and my 97 Silverado 403k on original motor. I still drive both 3 hrs to a Brownwood with no fear.

Comment

Still loving my 07 tundra, still runs like a new bad***, and haven’t had a single issue. Looks a little rough but she ain’t no city truck either!

Comment

2015 Chevy Crew 4x4 with 155K. Just had to rebuild the transmission and a few other things. I’m planning on keep going unless it keeps costing me money.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              With costs to repair diesel trucks after its out of warantee, i trade mine in for a new one around 100K miles or 5 years. whichever comes first. Not everybody has 10-20K sitting around for extensive repairs when a tranny or engine blows right after your warantee expires. I'd rather pay a note and be covered than have to take out a second loan or put my finances in a bind to make the repairs. I hate unexpected bills more than planned notes.

Still driving my little beater car for work though. I drive 180 miles round trip every day, so it makes sense to have a little car that gets 40 mpg. 2011 Ford Focus with 132K miles.

Hmmm let’s see. $4-6k for a transmission, maybe $8-$10k for a motor. And they just don’t explode or anything at 100k miles.

New diesel $50-$80k.

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Currently in our stable:

1996 Toyota Tacoma 230k’ish miles. On its 2nd engine.

2004 Z71 5.3L - 261,000 new transmission at 225k

2008 Toyota Camry - 248,000. No major issues at all

2012 Ram 2500 Cummins - 144,000 miles. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X