Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here has been bitten by a black widow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
    I talked to an old east TX doctor who told me that most of the black widow bites he’s seen all came early in his career, and MANY were the result of outhouses whereby guys would get bit on the scrotum. I bout lost my cookies at the thought, but it makes sense when you think about it.
    We had a security guard that got bitten on his scrotum by one. He was putting on a pair of thermals and it was in there and got him.

I saw a guy holding one at work one day in his hand because he didn't know what it was.

Like someone said, I am more worried about brown recluses because they are bad news. I have know a couple of people that have been bitten by them.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
      In Sept we set off bug bomb foggers in our deer stands and has taken care of the critters or ran them off for the season. We try to set them off after dark when all the wasp are home. Set the on the floor just inside the door and button it back up.
      Word. I did that to our stands last weekend and I’ll do it again before deer season.

Comment

Had a close call with one on a work weekend but never got bit. I had just finished weedeating at my old deer lease and sat down with a cold adult beverage. The flies were terrible that weekend and after sitting for a few minutes I felt something tickling in my right armpit. I thought it was a fly and brushed it away and I saw something black fly out of my pit and land in my crotch. Not knowing what it was I reached down and flicked it out of my crotch and when I did she landed belly up on the ground big red hourglass just staring at me. You never saw a fat man move so quick. I jumped up, smashed her and peeled back the lawn chair cushion and there was a big full egg sack in the corner of the chair between the chair and cushion. She never bit but scared the crap outta me and now I look throughly before I sit anywhere out in the country.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got bit on wrist while in the army. Noticed a dark line growing up my arm. Medic rubbed cortizone on it and sent me to bed. Few hours later I woke and noticed the dark line had moved up and disappeared under arm at armpit. Rushed me to hospital. Got a few big shots in the buttocks. Doc said if I waited much longer I could have died.

Comment

Man... hope this thread doesn't show up in google under a search for 'men that wear skirts'....

Comment

I was bit by one soon after getting in a ground stand for an evening hunt. I guess I was too young and dumb to know I was supposed to be really worried. I just tried to stay calm and relax so as not to get my heart rate up. It certainly did hurt but, I stayed for the hunt and nothing more came from it other than a big red spot for a few days.

Comment

one got me on the toe once. i don't remember it hurting too bad a dull ache a little back and leg numbness and pain.

Comment

Never gotten bitten by one, but I bet I have killed 20 or so around the house/yard/pool this summer. They are everywhere......

Comment

pilar (on here) got bit, do a search of his posts. I would copy and paste but it is a pain on this tab.

Comment

Never been bit but got extremely close. Stuck my hand inside an outdoor lighting transformer to flip the switch and felt something trickling on my fingers, yanked my hand out of there and this big girl was in there, her boyfriend who was about half her size was in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        We had a security guard that got bitten on his scrotum by one. He was putting on a pair of thermals and it was in there and got him.

I saw a guy holding one at work one day in his hand because he didn't know what it was.

Like someone said, I am more worried about brown recluses because they are bad news. I have know a couple of people that have been bitten by them.

You saw a guy holding a scrotum at work one day? [emoji50][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why am I itching so much right now??

Comment

I've been bitten once by a brown recluse and once by a BW. I was in bed with flu like symptoms for a couple of days with the BW. The BR just took a chunk out of my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              This is the typical reaction but like a few have said on here, may depend on a person's system how severe the reaction is. I'd be more afraid of a scorpion or brown recluse than a BW.
                              I am not too worried about a scorpion.....anymore. One hit me about a month ago on my middle finger. It hurt and was numb/tingly for about three days. Other than that I was fine. A brown recluse.....that will leave a mark.

Comment

We got em everywhere in menard. Worries me quite a bit since I have Lyme’s.

No idea what a BW bite would do, but sure as heck don’t intend to find out.

We fog the ranch house once a month and spray around the house regularly.

Still get em in the shed and in the back porch. Drafty old 1950’s ranch house.

Comment

Working...
                                X