Pleasant Game Warden Experience Tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasant Game Warden Experience Tonite

I went for a quick hunt tonite (no luck) and when I topped the levy on my walk back in the dark, i noticed a Truck parked just beyond our gate and approximately 30 yards behind my truck. Well, I figured it was a game warden or Richard. As I got near my truck, a light came on and a genleman called out "state game warden". So I layed my gear down and met Mr. Jeff Powell, Ellis county game warden. I had met Mr. Powell a few months back at an outdoor show in waxahachie. I had also called him recently regarding having a light on a bow while deer hunting.

We chatted for a bit, looked at trail cam pics and my hunting license. Then he went on his way. It was nice to see him out and about doing what they do. I respect them and their job at hand.

I wish I'd mentioned TBH to him as he seemed interested in my Mathews bow.

To all gw's here. Thanks for what you do.

Never an issue and always a pleasure!

5'6" DPS officers on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Never an issue and always a pleasure!

5'6" DPS officers on the other hand....
      HAHA, They are professional... Traffic violation enforcers. Most of my PD friends can't stand them as they are not trained well in other areas of L.E.

jcm

Comment

Good deal!!! Never had a bad GW experience myself.

Skinny

Comment

I've had mostly pleasant experiences but I would expect to since I am not breaking the law. Most are friendly but all business.

I had a friend that was cited one time and wanted to discuss the offense but the warden was not interested in admitting he was wrong. The warden was brought up from south Texas for mule deer season. My friend contested it in court and the judge kicked it. The judge shook his head in disbelief that my friend had been cited. So did the local game warden that was in court.

All of the wardens in my neck of the woods seem to be good people and are usually pleasant to speak or deal with.

Comment

Yep! Texas GWs are the best there is!

So Jeff, he checked our your "Teacher's license"?

Comment

Miley, it's a Professors license. He was unaware of the schooling situation.

Comment

Glad you had a good experience

Now tell us what he said about having a light on the your bow

Comment

Ive met Mr. Powell too. Great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Glad you had a good experience

Now tell us what he said about having a light on the your bow
                    Perfectly legal. Mine was on my bow tonite when he looked at it.

Comment

Is this his interpretation/opinion or law?

Would love to keep my light on in case pigs show right at dark but have always figured it would get me a ticket

Comment

I've never had a bad experience w/ a GW. I've had them board my boat, check me in the field, even fed them dinner one night when they stopped by our deer camp.

Comment

Several years ago, the first year we had the kill log on the back of the license, I was leaving the lease and was met at the gate by the GW. We chatted, he asked if I had killed anything.

"Yes, a pig and it's in the ice chest" which he checked.

"Killed any wtd?"

"Yep, a good 10"

"Great, let's see your license then and we'll be done here"

First thing he did was flip it over and I knew I had forgotten to fill in the log. Before I could say a thing, he asked "Do you know when you killed the buck?"

"Yes, and I can show you in the log back at camp"

He said--"Go back to camp and fill out the log, and if you don't come on the public highway without it filled out, you'll be OK>"

Of course, I did just that, and he could have written me up easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Miley, it's a Professors license. He was unaware of the schooling situation.
                            Glad to know the "Hog Professor" can spell. Noth-n like someone who uses improper spell-n, much less gram-r, to teach, uh?

Love ya Jeffy .

Comment

Only run in I have had was a good one. He checked my paperwork including lease papers, told me I was missing one thing, told me how to fix the problem. Said have a good night, let me go.

Just like any job I am sure they have their bad days, but they always seem to be in a good mood in my hunting area.

It is good to hear the good things as we hear so much bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X