what kind of dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of dog

been thinking about getting me a dog we live out in the country and fig if i get a dog i want to teach him how to blood trail deer. What kind of dog should i look for. I dont want to spend much money on a dog also i have two little girls so its gotta be a breed thats good with kids as well. Also would it be eaiser to train a male or female.

I have an American bulldog and they are great with kids. I'm not sure how they do on bloodtrailing. A lab would fit both bills. You will get other recommendations. I don't have much experience with other breeds so I will let the others chime in also:

Comment

Lab, dauchsund, lacy, cur any hound.....heck your possibilities are endless

Comment

Catahoula or Black Mouth Cur. Both are great for tracking.

Comment

Lacy, or dachshund.

Comment

When you say you don't want to spend a lot, what does that mean?

Comment

I hear K9trainer offers free training to every dachshund that comes his way he is so fond of that breed.

Comment

it means i dont want want to spend alot of money for a dog some dog breeds sell for alot of money i would be happy with a half breed or what ever as long as its a good dog great with my girls and can find a down deer.

Comment

Ok. How much is too much? What are you looking to spend? Just asking, it's bound to come up and will play a part in what you're looking for

Comment

i dont know as little as possiable

Comment

I have a beagle great pets, good nose. They do have the hound bark but I love that sound. Also they are npt to big. They do not shed much. Can be indoor or outdoor dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                        Lab, dauchsund, lacy, cur any hound.....heck your possibilities are endless
                        X2 you might want to look into adopting an older dog. Over the years I have seen them up for sale or adoption here, some with tracking experience. If it is an older dog just make sure it has been around children so you can be sure they will be ok with your kids. Although my lab was never around kids much before we adopted kids, she was great with them. My lacy and catahoula were socialized with children, although sometimes I think my lacy more or less just tolerates my kids, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X