Best Buck to Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buck to Date

I shot my best bow buck to date on Saturday, but the story begins on Thanksgiving Day. I had just got to Corpus to after guiding all week on a ranch in Webb County. I got an email on my phone that said I had won a hunt and to call this number. Of course I thought it was a joke. So I called the number and Shane Greenville of the Back Porch Ranch answered. We got to talking and I remembered I had bought a cap to raise money for the Child Advocacy of Medina County and registered to win a hunt at this ranch. Anyways I was excited and we quickly settled on some dates that worked for both of us.
    I knew the weather was going to be awesome this past weekend so I cut out of work early on Thursday and arrived at the ranch about 4 pm. We greeted and did the usual paperwork and decided to drive around and see deer. I was amazed at the quality of deer on this ranch.
    Friday morning found us in a bow blind in one of the ranch's foodplots. Soon after daylight the food plot was full of deer. we saw several bucks that were shooters, but most had broken tines or never presented a shot. Around 9 am we got out of that blind and headed up to another blind up by the camp. To our surprise it was slow up there. about noon we headed into town for some lunch and groceries. back at the ranch by 2 pm and to the blind we went. it was slow considering the rut was in full swing.
    Saturday morning we were back in the food plot. just as before, the deer were there early. about 8 am, a fawn was acting suspicious and then out of no where a huge bobcat ran out. luckily I had brought the 6.5 creedmoor just for varmints. the cat ran out to the feeder and stopped. his mistake. at the shot all the deer left the food plot. we decided to try another tank close to the house. about an hour after getting into the blind a good shooter showed up. he walked down the tank dam to the hand thrown corn. I finally got my shot at 18 yds. when I released the arrow I noticed my impact was a bit higher than normal. the buck snapped his head back and went straight down. I had forgot to compensate for shooting up hill at the buck from the blind. another arrow in him and the deal was sealed. we quick scored him at 153"! I was super pumped.
    Attached Files

Great buck!

Comment

Great looking deer congrats

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!!!!

Comment

Great buck, congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice Deer! Congrats!

Comment

Wow great buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to go with that BIG RACK.. Congrats

Comment

Nice,Rack that's a trophy you never forget.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Waydago, great buck
                          I have to ask, how do you manuver that bow with that big stick on the front?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Waydago, great buck
                            I have to ask, how do you manuver that bow with that big stick on the front?
                            it aint that bad. you just have to sit towards the back of the bow blind. I have a bow pod from magnus on there that extends the stabilizer 3".

Comment

Nice!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X