Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How God Sees the Unbeliever

Ephesians 2:1-5

God’s Word is always true but not always popular. When it runs counter to cultural preferences, the message of the gospel can be uncomfortable to hear and may lead to challenge and confrontation. We need to know biblical truth, including the fact that God sees unbelievers as . . .

• Dead in their trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1). Those who are spiritually dead can’t perceive the things of God. Divine truth can’t penetrate because their “receiver,” or spirit, is dead within them.

• Not part of God’s family (John 1:12). Spiritually, there are only two families in the world: God’s and Satan’s (John 8:44). A person is born into God’s family—or “born again”—by trusting in Christ’s sacrifice and receiving Him as Savior.

• Under wrath (Eph. 2:3). Unbelievers, even kind and loving ones, are under judgment. A sin debt is owed (Rom. 6:23), and it can’t be paid by kind or loving acts of service. Jesus paid on our behalf, and only by trusting in His substitutionary sacrifice can we escape God’s wrath.

Unbelievers are in grave danger, but most do not realize it. The good news is that God’s offer of salvation through Jesus Christ is still available. Have you reached out for the hand of your Rescuer? If your answer is yes, are you pointing others to the One who wants to rescue them?

Have A Blessed Day!
    Dr. Stanly

Thanks Bill, the last sentence is the one that jumped out to me personally.

Comment

I interacted with a couple of those lost souls on here yesterday. I prayed that the Holy Spirit might open their eyes to the light.

Very timely devotional Bro. Bill. God Bless!

Comment

Thanks Bill, He's an on time God!

Comment

Would you consider someone that has lost faith an unbeliever ?

Comment

Thanks Bill. Always appreciate your devotionals. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for reminding me of my "missionary field" at work and everywhere I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
              Would you consider someone that has lost faith an unbeliever ?
              Not at all, the prodigal son lost faith and squandered all his inheritance living it up. Once it was gone and he remembered what he had before, he went back to his father and asked forgiveness. His father met him with open arms and wept because that which was lost was now returned.

He is still there, waiting for that one that has lost faith to find it again.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                Not at all, the prodigal son lost faith and squandered all his inheritance living it up. Once it was gone and he remembered what he had before, he went back to his father and asked forgiveness. His father met him with open arms and wept because that which was lost was now returned.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                Amen T, great answer.. And we ALL have times when we want to give up...
                I fight the same things every day that other men fight.. I also fall short of Gods glory.. But I'm redeemed . And I have to remind myself of it often.. Be blessed
                Iffen you ever need A ear you can pm t mag or myself

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post

Ok,how do you regain faith when you are filled with doubt and disbelief?

Comment

Good preaching

Comment

Matthew 7:7-8 KJV
                      [7] Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: [8] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
                      Tell The Lord how you feel... Ask him to give you peace. In that area

Comment

A great devotional and a wonderful thread

Comment

thanks Bill….great stuff!! with all the Duck Dynasty press. The Oswald Chambers teaching today gives a clear direction.

And I, if I am lifted up . . . will draw all peoples to Myself -John 12:32
                          Very few of us have any understanding of the reason why Jesus Christ died. If sympathy is all that human beings need, then the Cross of Christ is an absurdity and there is absolutely no need for it. What the world needs is not "a little bit of love," but major surgery.

When you find yourself face to face with a person who is spiritually lost, remind yourself of Jesus Christ on the cross. If that person can get to God in any other way, then the Cross of Christ is unnecessary. If you think you are helping lost people with your sympathy and understanding, you are a traitor to Jesus Christ. You must have a right-standing relationship with Him yourself, and pour your life out in helping others in His way- not in a human way that ignores God. The theme of the world's religion today is to serve in a pleasant, non-confrontational manner.

But our only priority must be to present Jesus Christ crucified- to lift Him up all the time (see 1 Corinthians 2:2). Every belief that is not firmly rooted in the Cross of Christ will lead people astray. If the worker himself believes in Jesus Christ and is trusting in the reality of redemption, his words will be compelling to others. What is extremely important is for the worker's simple relationship with Jesus Christ to be strong and growing. His usefulness to God depends on that, and that alone.

The calling of a New Testament worker is to expose sin and to reveal Jesus Christ as Savior. Consequently, he cannot always be charming and friendly, but must be willing to be stern to accomplish major surgery. We are sent by God to lift up Jesus Christ, not to give wonderfully beautiful speeches. We must be willing to examine others as deeply as God has examined us. We must also be sharply intent on sensing those Scripture passages that will drive the truth home, and then not be afraid to apply them.

Comment

Thanks, great message. God Bless.

Comment

Agree totally with everything that has been said. To your question, start with simple acts of obedience. As you become obedient to small things, God will ask you to do bigger things. Faith is best build in a crockpot, not a microwave.

Comment

Working...
                              X