No announcement yet.

Anyone actually going to the superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy !! I will be with the Family. Thought about hitting a local bar that's having a big shindig.

I hate both teams and am hoping for lightning strike.

Comment

I live just North of Minneapolis, and am glad to help you out finding great food and whatnot if you need. North East Minneapolis is a go to for small breweries and fun food.
      kramarczuks for meat sweats and sausage you'll want to fill a suitcase with.
      612 brew is a personal favorite- very small, but fun shuffleboard table and in the middle of a few other breweries like Bauhaus.
      Gasthofs is a great german joint with accordian and glass boots.
      Psycho suzie's right on the river for strong drinks and tattooed and pierced waitresses
      Try a Juicy Lucy at 5-8, Matt's or the Nook in St. Paul.
      New bohemia is great food and local beers in a casual beerhall
      Que Viet eggrolls are worth a visit (think giant burrito size).
      just south of the city is Nicolet avenue also referred to as eat street- too many good places to list.
      We use bite squad (app) to have food delivered when it a pain to get around, or nobody is fit to drive.
      Make sure to try a Grainbelt beer, it's our local long time brew
      My family is headed to the cabin to get away from the crowds and if all goes well, I'll get my boys back out ice fishing for Channel cats. You're welcome to drive up and meet us to try that if you like. Cats have been biting and we have a heated house (basically an insulated hub type blind).
      Let me know if I can help with anything else, or if you really want to ice fish.

on a side note there have been a ton of military vehicles and black helicopters all over. SWAT guys are setting up and scoping things out. Its a circus.
      Matt
      Last edited by Txtourist; 01-31-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Super what

Comment

I'll second Gasthofs! We also really liked an Irish Pub in town somewhere! Worked Minneapolis several times! Outside of everybody talking funny it wasn't a bad place!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not even gonna watch it on tv.

Comment

Good luck OP and have a good time. I'll watch it if I'm home. Way to old to boycott anything! Just keep working young ones so I get my SS. LOL!

Comment

...we proudly stand for the national anthem.

D.T. 1/30/18

so.....nope

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  I'll second Gasthofs! We also really liked an Irish Pub in town somewhere! Worked Minneapolis several times! Outside of everybody talking funny it wasn't a bad place!![emoji2]

Patrick McGovern's in St. Paul?

If you're into spending money, there's Sportsman's Guide outlet/retail- kind of a dark rat-hole of military surplus and lower end off brand outdoors equipment, with an occasional find
                  There's also a chain of off the wall surplus stores call Ax Man surplus- the original one on University is a museum of weird stuff- doll heads, magnets, marbles, as seen on tv stuff from the 80's, an iron lung, small motors and medical scientific surplus. The thing that makes it is the hilarious and original signs on everything that the employees make with made up descriptions and uses.
                  Fleet Farm is a must visit- Imagine a ranch/feed store mixed with Academy, an auto parts store and a hardware store (giant orange signage a big silo out front. Pretty much where everyone goes for their hunting and fishing supplies when they realize they can buy the same as Cabela's for less.
                  Last edited by Txtourist; 01-31-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I can't remember if that was it or not? Last time I was there we went to cabelas to buy gloves and insulated boots! It was April or March and we stayed in Minneapolis long enough for the water to recede in Fargo then they moved us over there! There was snow everywhere and folks had water lines in there basement with ice sticking around the sides from the water it was so cold!! Not something folks from Texas see every day!!

Comment

Awesome gesture TxTourist. I have to admit...never heard of ice fishing for channel cats before. Have fun and be safe out there. Maybe post up some pictures of your fishing trip for us warm weather fishermen who have never fished through a little hole in the ice!

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                        Curious if anyone is gonna be there. Headed to the frozen tundra tomorrow and would be cool to meet up with a tbher
                        Jeepers.

Congrats on going. Hope you enjoy the super bowl experience.
                        Last edited by ttechdallas; 02-01-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Heard it is -3 there at the moment ... That is cold

Comment

Thanks for the info txtourst.
                            Yeah, security is crazy. Am in stadium now and getting credentials was an ordeal compared to when I was here for Bengal game.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post

on a side note there have been a ton of military vehicles and black helicopters all over. SWAT guys are setting up and scoping things out. Its a circus.
                              Matt
                              It was like that in Houston last year. Kind of cool to be hosting the Super bowl, but a complete circus at the same time.

My office is like 10 miles from Reliant stadium on the 610 West Loop and I couldn't believe the amount of helicopters and other air craft buzzing around the entire week. It was obvious most were conducting security and searching for bombs, etc.

Heck, I was working in my office the Saturday morning prior and I heard a bunch of racket outside on the freeway. Looked outside and saw hundreds of sport bikes, dirt bikes, Baja ATV's, etc. just speeding right down 610. Most the bikes were pulling wheelies the entire time. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                Awesome gesture TxTourist. I have to admit...never heard of ice fishing for channel cats before. Have fun and be safe out there. Maybe post up some pictures of your fishing trip for us warm weather fishermen who have never fished through a little hole in the ice!

Not to deviate too much...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X