Global warming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
    Any chance you could post some climate science instead of debunked political garbage from a hired gun of the oil and gas industry writing in an obscure Canadian online newspaper?
    Would it matter if he did? You seem to ignore posts with journal published research that refuted your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Would it matter if he did? You seem to ignore posts with journal published research that refuted your argument.
      He would probably call the 31,000 scientist who say man made global warming has no merit hired guns of the oil industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Imagine that.

Comment

It all must exist right? I mean cause Leonardo Dicaprio and to go to north Canada to find snow on the ground to film the Revenant during the middle of the summer!! Has to be global warming lol.

Ok jokes aside I am not saying the foot print society leaves on the planet isn't bad and can't affect things but how bad is it? The same research groups and people that are backing "global warming" and "climate change" also say the planet is 100s of millions of years old which is accepted by everyone. So in that 100s of millions of years they also have to accept the concept of ice ages and events that took out the dinosaurs and things of that nature. So to me its weird that they are behind these theories on climate.

Climate by definition is the record of weather in an area over a LONG period of time.

The oldest RECORDS (not ideas) I have heard of date back to the 1600 and were just snow and rainfall records and pretty crude ones. The instruments to even begin to measure temperature were not created until 1607 and the WORLD WIDE scale of temperature Fahrenheit and Celsius were not developed until the mid 1700s so actual records could only have began then. The "weather forecast" wasn't even created until the 1860s less than 160 years ago. So that is 400 years to 160 years of records and actual good solid acute precise records only being around 100 years old that's a small smeer of a blip on the radar of our world's/planet's climate if its 100s of millions of years old. As outdoors men and women and people that see nature much more than most we should know that the planet and mother nature has ways of healing herself. Not saying we shouldn't help but I am not exactly sold on the "global warming and climate change" theories. Especially since we should all be swimming with the fishes under water from the melted ice caps by now.
          Last edited by DuramaxDude; 01-17-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Global warming ?

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            WHy because he does not buy into your tainted agenda?

I have hit the back button many times in this thread.

Because he’s apparently more concerned about what liberal baristas think about climate change than what science suggests. He demonstrated my point, which is that too many people base their opinion on social and political biases rather than what science is telling us and what scientific evidence demonstrates.

I don’t care what liberal baristas think about climate change, I don’t what conservative oil workers think about climate change, I don’t care what political pundits think about climate change, and I don’t care what bowhunters think about climate change unless they provide some sort of science-based justification for their belief.

Unfortunately, a large majority of people are entirely incapable of having a science-based discussion on the subject. They have no idea where climate data comes from, which organizations maintain the data sets, how or why data is corrected, what goes into climate modeling or what the leading climate change skeptics in the scientific community believe to be true. Many of these people can’t provide even a basic scientific justification for why they believe what they believe. What they know is what their ideological influences tell them to believe, and that’s about it. Sad!

Comment

^ candidate for most Miss Pretentious.

Comment

Spock knows science...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPpXHX-Tu5U"]In Search Of... The Coming Ice Age - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  Funny how in just my lifetime (48 years) the worlds best scientist can go from naturally occurring climate cooling to man made climate warming.

Comment

Unfortunately, a large majority of people are entirely incapable of having a science-based discussion on the subject. They have no idea where climate data comes from, which organizations maintain the data sets, how or why data is corrected, what goes into climate modeling or what the leading climate change skeptics in the scientific community believe to be true. Many of these people can’t provide even a basic scientific justification for why they believe what they believe. What they know is what their ideological influences tell them to believe, and that’s about it. Sad!
                    This describes the vast majority of people on both sides of the issue.

DJ

Comment

Sort of related. Whatever happened to Presidio Tx. As a boy the hottest temperature in Texas in the summer was almost always Presidio. Usually by quiet a margin.

Did climate change do it in.
                      Any other old guys remember this?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why dosent this get any attention?
                        maybe because their research utilizes natural occurring phenomenons rather than man made phenomenons?

Comment

^^^Solid candidate for least scientific post of the thread.
                          ^^^ solid candidate for the most hypocritical poster on the thread.

people with political agendas arguing against a poorly backed hypothesis is bad.

people with political agendas who support a poorly backed hypothesis is good.

that said. what, exactly is your background that enables you to understand these models that us simple folk cant? I have a BS in geophysics and an MS in petroleum engineering. Tell me why I'm so unscientific, since you seem to enjoy throwing around nothing but links to work someone else has done.

the "science" is based on people who enter the field because they've already made their mind up on global warming. The science in general is flawed because it's weather measurements, not climate.

THe area I circled in red is what climate "scientists" are warning is an end of days trend. we are living at a time of one of the lowest CO2 levels in the earth's history. The only thing that is "end of days" is when their tax payer funded research grants shut down... which is interesting as well. If Climate change is a proven theory, then why are we still pumping billions into studying it? not many grants going on to study gravity these days compared to the money going into climate change.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by kyle1974; 01-17-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The Lib gets smoked.

Comment

Wow! What a train wreck of a discussion.
                              I certainly don't believe things are perfect and thus we have something quite irregular to monitor.
                              I don't believe the earth is dying anytime soon but I do understand that science is a process that is like turning the Titantic........it is slow moving.
                              I absolutely don't believe the "carbon tax" is the way to solve or fix the issue..........just a money grab at best.
                              I completely don't agree with pulling out of discussions around the Paris Accord, but lead the scientific discussions.
                              I have seen pollution on levels that would scare anyone in this country to death. Thus, we are definitely NOT the ones with the largest environmental issues but we have issues nonetheless that should be solved.....which in turn resolves the huge issues in those other places around the globe.

*****It is an indisputable fact that the WORLD has experienced more technological change in the last 73 years (since WWII) than in recorded human history. Think about that just for a moment..........I will wait........take that in.

Medicine, chemicals, communications, manufacturing, agricultural production, space exploration, homebuilding, indoor plumbing, sewage systems, timber production, oil drilling, mining, etc, etc.........has revolutionized the entire planet. Thank God & science for the progress!!! But lets not fool ourselves that massive change could not have an effect on everything else. Especially when an object had stayed stagnant for the most part of multiple millennia.
                              Both political camps have legitimate arguments and claims but not using science is a big fail.........for all of us. As noted, the Al Gore carbon tax is completely overboard.......and not participating in what science has laid out is putting your head under the proverbial pillow and waiting for the "boogie man" to get back in the closet. The truth is staring us in the face and it is most likely in the middle of the political wrangling.........as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Wow! What a train wreck of a discussion.
                                I certainly don't believe things are perfect and thus we have something quite irregular to monitor.
                                I don't believe the earth is dying anytime soon but I do understand that science is a process that is like turning the Titantic........it is slow moving.
                                I absolutely don't believe the "carbon tax" is the way to solve or fix the issue..........just a money grab at best.
                                I completely don't agree with pulling out of discussions around the Paris Accord, but lead the scientific discussions.
                                I have seen pollution on levels that would scare anyone in this country to death. Thus, we are definitely NOT the ones with the largest environmental issues but we have issues nonetheless that should be solved.....which in turn resolves the huge issues in those other places around the globe.

*****It is an indisputable fact that the WORLD has experienced more technological change in the last 73 years (since WWII) than in recorded human history. Think about that just for a moment..........I will wait........take that in.

Medicine, chemicals, communications, manufacturing, agricultural production, space exploration, homebuilding, indoor plumbing, sewage systems, timber production, oil drilling, mining, etc, etc.........has revolutionized the entire planet. Thank God & science for the progress!!! But lets not fool ourselves that massive change could not have an effect on everything else. Especially when an object had stayed stagnant for the most part of multiple millennia.
                                Both political camps have legitimate arguments and claims but not using science is a big fail.........for all of us. As noted, the Al Gore carbon tax is completely overboard.......and not participating in what science has laid out is putting your head under the proverbial pillow and waiting for the "boogie man" to get back in the closet. The truth is staring us in the face and it is most likely in the middle of the political wrangling.........as usual!
                                I have never heard anyone say..to hell with science. Of course science has to be part of the TRUTH. Unfortunately many of the worlds " leading climate scientist" have been caught several times manipulating the data in order to get the results they want. Also unfortunate is the fact that almost every high profile spokes person for the movement has a carbon foot print thousands of times higher than every other person on the planet. The alarmist have created the situation they find themselves in, that is that most of the people have a hard time turning their a/c off or buying a tiny car in the name of climate when the numbers are fudged and the private jets and 20k sqft homes with cooled and heated garages prevail among the alarmist.
                                As for the science goes i have an easier time believing the sun controls our climate than anything man is doing. That sun is big and powerful.
                                I have no problem with the celebs calling for a world wide movement to clean the terrible pollution we see on the streets and rivers of third world countries, first world countries and the like. That certainly needs to be done across the globe. But the American people should not bare the brunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X