Martin Hatfield #42 @ 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Hatfield #42 @ 28

I picked up a new take down the other day. I am shooting Easton 2016 Lite XX75 with 125 grain tips out of it.

My draw is 29 for what it's worth...

The issue is that I am getting some weird arrow flight. The arrow seems to fish tale and hits the target in a downward path with the fletch up. No matter what the distance.

Brace hight is to mfg spec. Any help is appreciated.

I'm by no means an expert but u might need to play with ur nock point

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
      I picked up a new take down the other day. I am shooting Easton 2016 Lite XX75 with 125 grain tips out of it.

My draw is 29 for what it's worth...

The issue is that I am getting some weird arrow flight. The arrow seems to fish tale and hits the target in a downward path with the fletch up. No matter what the distance.

Brace hight is to mfg spec. Any help is appreciated.
      I shoot 2016 Legacy's (29.5"...28" draw...125 gr point) out of my 50" Hatfield and they fly great.

My Hatfield likes 7.25" BH. Rick says to set the BH on Martins at 8", but neither of my Hatfields likes it higher than 7.25". Your nocking point may be too low too.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
        I shoot 2016 Legacy's (29.5"...28" draw...125 gr point) out of my 50" Hatfield and they fly great.

My Hatfield likes 7.25" BH. Rick says to set the BH on Martins at 8", but neither of my Hatfields likes it higher than 7.25". Your nocking point may be too low too.
        DOH!...that would be my 50# Hatfield...It's 62"...50" would be pretty darn short

Comment

As stated above - definitively too low a nocking point.

Comment

I'd say low nocking point also.

I've always had best all around performance on the 62" Martin bows with a brace height of 8", and that is why I recommend it, but it's just a recommendation for a starting point.

I've always shot fairly heavy draw weights, and stiff arrows, so the higher brace heights generally work well for me on most bows.

Rick

Comment

So what spine arrow and weights should I be shooting?

Comment

First thing is to put the bow on a scale and find out what it really pulls in draw weight. If the Hatfield follows true to form of the Damon Howatt designs then it will likely be a few pounds heavier than is listed. At 29" you might expect to see it closer to 48-49# actual draw weight. Then you will know what arrow spine to start with. My guess is 45-55 and full length to start with and adjust point weight and length from there.

Comment

Working...
                X