Need advice - New Shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice - New Shooter

No, not me. Recently a nice lady asked if we could help her get back into archery after a long, long hiatius.

She is left eye dominate, but wants to try an ambidextrous bow until she gets used to the idea of shooting left handed. She saw a place on line that has 60" Bear Titan Youth Recurve. It has a 32-35 pound DW. She is about 5'2" tall.

Do you have any thoughts on this or any recommendations for a used bow? She is on a tight budget.

I gave her the link to this forum so she can read your responses. Thanks for your help!

Samick Sage is a great shooting bow.

Comment

If she is 5-2 she will probably have a 22-24 inch draw just guessing.If the bow is 32-35 at 28" she would be drawing about 23-27 pounds at her draw.A good draw weight to start back into archery. Jazz 1516 arrows or maybe a little stiffer on the arrows. Deb has a 20 inch draw and is 4-8. Good luck and welcome to the trad side.

Comment

The Samick Sage is a good choice.

Comment

Bob has made several ambi bows.

Comment

If she is shooting instinctively and is right handed, she may be able to keep both eyes open and shoot a right handed bow. It took me a while and lots of practice to get used to leaving both eyes open. I know some other ladies and fellows too in same position and were able to overcome the eye dominance just by learning to shoot with both eyes open.

Keep an eye here in the classifieds, there are some good ones that end up there. Bob Sarrels are very affordable and it can make the world of difference with the right bow and the right poundage. Check with Bob and his payment plans:-)

Comment

Originally posted by TGbow View Post
              Samick Sage is a great shooting bow.
              Originally posted by Deb View Post
              The Samick Sage is a good choice.
              x2

Comment

Working...
              X