Larger Diesel Tank Options on F-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger Diesel Tank Options on F-250

I have a 2012 F-250 short bed with the 26 gallon fuel tank. Has anyone put a larger tank on the truck? What are my options? Since it’s already a short bed, I really don’t want to give up too much bed space with a large tank in the bed.

Titan tank, i don’t have it yet but if i keep my 2015 i will add it once it’s paid off. It’s about $1200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a 2015 f250 and it had the 50 gallon Titan tank on it and it was so much better than the little factory one. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        Titan tank, i don’t have it yet but if i keep my 2015 i will add it once it’s paid off. It’s about $1200

This. Then you just have to get the computer calibrated so your fuel gauge works properly...

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
          This. Then you just have to get the computer calibrated so your fuel gauge works properly...

I believe the fuel gauge still reads correctly. (Tanks is the same depth) so the sending unit reads 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 ect. of that 50 gallons...

However you have to have the dealer reprogram the DTE (distance to empty calc)
          I’ve read a few post where most dealer will do it for free and it’s simple.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
            I have a 2012 F-250 short bed with the 26 gallon fuel tank. Has anyone put a larger tank on the truck? What are my options? Since it’s already a short bed, I really don’t want to give up too much bed space with a large tank in the bed.
            I was going to do this up until I heard some folks having issues keeping water out of their tanks, and fuel pump failures. Just make sure you find a reputable shop to do it, and get a warranty if you can.

Full disclosure, going 400 miles or more on a tank pretty much is all my bladder can handle. So I also didn't upgrade because I hate stopping just to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Following

Comment

looked at both options,, I went with a 33 gallon rds auxiliary tank with a pump wired to my auxiliary switch , the titan was my first choice but after talking to the shop one of the owners there has the titan tank and said the last 10 gallons is pretty slow filling due to the way the tank is configured around in the frame to get the extra volume. titan was 1400.00 installed the tank I bought was 1000.00 installed . if I go with another diesel, the tank can be moved over to the new truck. the titan would be another 1400.00 purchase, to each his own. mine fits under the toolbox,

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I was going to do this up until I heard some folks having issues keeping water out of their tanks, and fuel pump failures. Just make sure you find a reputable shop to do it, and get a warranty if you can.

Full disclosure, going 400 miles or more on a tank pretty much is all my bladder can handle. So I also didn't upgrade because I hate stopping just to go to the bathroom.
                  I like having the extra capacity more for my weekly driving than my traveling. I like only having to fill up once during the week. I have a LWB so I have the 38 gallon tank on my 08. Having a 26 gallon tank would drive me nuts.

Comment

yeah, '16 SuperDoody and I put a RDS tank in the bed...37 gallon, and have it gravity fed into main tank...I don't have a tool box in my truck but I do have a hard/folding tonneau cover on it...works great and cost way less than installing a Titan. ordered my RDs from Amazon and had a local mech install it for 75$, I gave him 100$ cause he knocked it out in half the day and did a super clean install...prollly spent 550$ total...

Comment

Have a 45 or 50 gallon tank on mine and it sure is nice. It's bs that they out such a small tank on them from the factory

Comment

I purchased a aux fuel tank (30 Gal) that fit under my tool box....I installed a small 12V pump made for diesel that was hooked up to my number 1 electric switch to pump the aux into the main tank...took about 30 minutes to pump over...PM and I can give more details

Comment

Working...
                        X