1st attempt at USPSA today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st attempt at USPSA today

Any other USPSA shooters here? Today was my 1st attempt. It was a very humbling experience. I’ve always considered myself the be a fairly decent shot but that was not the case today. I never finished higher than 14th out of 17 all day. It was still awesome. I definitely need to practice more before the next one. Those guys can shoot.

Never shot USPSA but my father and I have been shooting steel and Action steel matches and we are both the same way. Always thought we were great shooters and you get out there and see some of these guys shoot insane times, very cool to see and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot both USPSA and IDPA. It amazing how that timer beeps and you forget you even have sights on the gun. Still a load of fun. Just remember you cannot miss fast enough to have a good score. Go no faster than the time it takes to get a good sight picture and your times will improve and you will get faster the more you do it.

Comment

I want to but I'm scared

Comment

Get out there and do it! As long as you are safe most of the guys that shoot are great about helping you along. The safety rules are simple: No guns out of holster unless shooting or at the safety zone, keep you finger off the trigger while moving, don't sweep others, or things that shouldn't be shot. The only way to get better is to shoot. It's great practice for shooting under stress as well.

Comment

Also for anyone wanting to try it but not sure if its for you, Big Kountry in Richwood/Lake Jackson holds what basically amounts to a practice session every Monday for $20. They run a timer but don't keep track of your time unless you ask them to. Great bunch of guys there and lots of new shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I want to but I'm scared
              Why are you scared?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                Why are you scared?
                Scared I'll like it too much and have yet another expensive Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Scared I'll like it too much and have yet another expensive Hobby
                  That could happen. I have shot for about 14ish years, but it doesn't have to be real expensive. I have actually not shot much this year, but lived and breathed it for a while

Comment

I’ve been shooting USPSA/Multigun for about 20yrs. I have shot very little in the last couple of years. It’s fun and good practice. It can be expensive but so is golf and I’d rather shoot than chase a ball around.

Comment

Two matches a month minimum between USPSA and 3 gun. Keep at it and practice.

Comment

I shoot USPSA and some multigun and falling steel. I just started last year, and like you it was very humbling. I will say it's easier for guys like us to get better faster than those who have never shot much at all.
                        What division are you shooting? I shoot carry optics now and shot production for around 6 months. I love carry optics. We call it welfare open division.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                          I shoot USPSA and some multigun and falling steel. I just started last year, and like you it was very humbling. I will say it's easier for guys like us to get better faster than those who have never shot much at all.
                          What division are you shooting? I shoot carry optics now and shot production for around 6 months. I love carry optics. We call it welfare open division.
                          The correct terminology is Ghetto Open.

I’m classified in all 8 USPSA divisions. CO is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            The correct terminology is Ghetto Open.

I’m classified in all 8 USPSA divisions. CO is my favorite.

Lol heard a lot of guys at our major a few weeks ago calling it that.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                              Lol heard a lot of guys at our major a few weeks ago calling it that.
                              What club do you shoot at?

Comment

Working...
                              X