Thoughts on the shimano curado K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys I'm looking to buy a couple new reels. I can't seem to make up my mind. I'm thinking shimano or 13 concept. But up for thoughts on others reels. This will be saltwater reels on Waterloo rods. I'm going to try to stay around 200$ each. Let's me know how you guys feel on certain reels. Thanks

My Lews inshore has outlasted several 13 Concepts. I've never put a Shimano in saltwater, but I haven't been impressed with their new stuff the last couple years.

Comment

The K is hands down better than Lewis and concept 13. In my opinion.

Comment

All I will say is that I have been a shimano fan boy for many years. However, after a couple of season's with a concept 13, I have switched completely over to concept. The concepts I have purchased are the higher dollar ones, but I have been way more impressed with them over any new shimano product.

Comment

The new K series is a bad mofo. However, I am very, very happy with my 99.00 Lews reels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
            The new K series is a bad mofo. However, I am very, very happy with my 99.00 Lews reels

I agree! Both are saweet!

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
              The K is hands down better than Lewis and concept 13. In my opinion.
              ^^This^^
              I have always been a Chronarch guy, bought the new 2018 Curado 200HG, really like this reel, Shimano is back in the game. For $180.00 It outperforms the $ 269.00 CI4 Chronarch hands down.

Comment

Can't vouch for durability but bought one last week. Do like I did. Put a Lew, 13 Concept, and Curado K in your hands. Made the counter man take them all out of a box. Not the beat up stuff on display. Bought the Curado K200.

Comment

I have two curado k’s that I picked up recently and have no complaints so far. They are solid reels. Cast well, super smooth retrieve, look good, and haven’t had any malfunctions. I have always been a lews fan and still think I prefer my lews as they are a little lighter, smaller profile so they feel a little better in my hand, and outcast my curado’s. Maybe I am just able to dial them in a little better I don’t know. I have a 13 concept Tx that I’ve only been able to use a time or two so I can’t really vouch for 13 reels yet.

All in all, great reel and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one. You won’t be disappointed. You will like that Waterloo rod also. I have one and have been very pleased with it.

Comment

$150 to my door in 3 days.

The online store for JBC Outfitters of Muncie, Indiana. We offer quality bass tackle from many top manufacturers. Great rods and reels from Shimano, 13 Fishing, Ark, Falcon, St. Croix, Daiwa and more. Great baits from Yamamoto, Berkley, Missile Baits, ZOOM, Z-Man, SPRO, Rapala, River2Sea, Bill Lewis and many more. Lines from Sunline, Seaguar, Daiwa, Power Pro, P-Line, Trilene and more. Many accessories such as Stick Jacket rod covers, Fish Monkey gloves. Every brand offered by JBC Outfitters has been personally used, is a proven product on the tournament trails or used by bass anglers everywhere. Check out our store for great deals!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      My Lews inshore has outlasted several 13 Concepts. I've never put a Shimano in saltwater, but I haven't been impressed with their new stuff the last couple years.
                      This except I have a few shimano reels that I use for Saltwater. I have not been overly impressed with 13 concept nothing majorly wrong just nothing that great for the price compared to my Lews

Comment

Shimano,lews,concept.

Maybe the higher concepts are better but the lower ones aren't hanging in the salt. IMO the 79 dollar Lews and concepts can't hold a candle to the 79 dollar shimano of yesteryear

Comment

I've been a Shimano guy for a while too. Recently went with a Concept A and love the casting distance. Put some Super Spool high speed bearings in it last week. Cant wait to try it out. There are videos of dudes dumping an entire spool in one cast with them. Impressive. Im a saltwater guy, so we shall see how it holds up.

Ill probably sell some of the ones I have and get a new lews to the crew.

Comment

Lews and Diawa are both better than Shimano IMO. It’s just like bows, all a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Everything after the E series has been garage curado wise but have been hearing good things about the k

Switched to Lews after a couple g series reels and love them but will probably snag a k series soon

Comment

Working...
                              X