Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these demonstrations will result in gun restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think these demonstrations will result in gun restrictions?

I’m sure we pretty much all feel the same way about the 2nd Amendment. I am also pretty sure we feel the same way about these demonstrations, so the point of this thread is not to bash them. I scoffed at first but I have to admit I find the size, scale and coverage of them unnerving. As lame and tired as their arguments may be, do you think this is truly the tipping point they claim? What legislation to you anticipate in the near future? Are we one generation away from seeing the 2nd Amendment repealed? Up to now most politicians on both sides of the aisle have been scared to anger gun owners, but they have their fingers in the wind. In your opinion will this movement fizzle or is this really the beginning of the end for our gun rights?

Honestly think this ones different and some type of 2nd amendment changes will occur unfortunately.

Comment

the truth is if the pro gun, 2nd Amendment folks wanted to, they could rid the country of these mamby pamby cry babies in a couple days if they wanted to.
      only time will tell.

come and take it!!

Comment

unfortunately they are future voters so there will be changes down the road because these dumbasses will out number the gun owners of the future. I was reading an article the other day that showed the number of hunters and shooters are declining. so the future isnt bright. I would like to ask these kids how they think guns are the problem. And what laws that arent already on the books would change things ie Chicago has strictest gun laws and highest gun violence. And also remind them that Hitler surrounded himself with kids when he started his gun confiscation saying it was for their protection and how did that workout for the disarmed.

Comment

The future definitely will change as it always has but IMO this time it will not be for the better, speaking of the 2nd amendment. There will be some of the politicians that will use the youth to tug at the heartstrings to make changes they desire in gun control laws. This with the controls the liberal republicans are now talking and implementing on gun control laws we will see changes. As the old saying goes the winds are changing direction and the wind can't be controlled. I wasn't too concerned until our President couldn't control his tweets once again on the gun control he has opened the door on.

Comment

This is the result of liberal control of youth education and will definitely change things in the future. To what extent, who knows. I am sadden/concerned that "we" ( responsible gun owners ) will be at the mercy of largely misguided generations of people.
            Last edited by Pedernal; 03-25-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

It may go from being a right to being a privilege. AR15’s may become outlawed or may require a Class III stamp. Ammo will skyrocket.

The difference is that in the past the government was leading the charge to implement controls. With more school shootings and incidents like Las Vegas the public is now beginning to demand more regulations and restrictions.

Comment

The difference is that in the past the government was leading the charge to implement controls. With more school shootings and incidents like Las Vegas the public is now beginning to demand more regulations and restrictions.[/QUOTE]

Your few words stated above above speaks a thousand statements.

Comment

If We don't close the border tight and get back to an immigration system much like the days of Ellis island some red states will become blue and yes one day the right to bear arms May be lost. As for these recent marches and such. Limbaugh always says that to be furious takes energy and like all others this to will run out of energy.
                  That said, gun owners wear more tinfoil than us folks that believe in aliens.
                  There absolutely has to be an avenue to temporarily remove weapons from the mentally ill. Since most mass shootings ,murders and even Austin bombings are committed by mentally ill people on mind altering drugs if we can't find some common ground on that then there is no hope for the right to bear arms in the future.

Comment

Yeah. Maybe not soon, but I think it’s a problem that this generation is at or close to voting age and appear to be motivated.

Comment

IMO bad changes are closer than most think.

We need another great depression or plague. Get people back to the basics and worrying about real issues versus everyone living high on the hog and in this fairy tale government printing money world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        do you think this is truly the tipping point they claim? What legislation to you anticipate in the near future? Are we one generation away from seeing the 2nd Amendment repealed? In your opinion will this movement fizzle or is this really the beginning of the end for our gun rights?
                        Great thoughts and questions:
                        Absolutely a tipping point in this struggle for the 2nd Amendment.
                        Legislation will include bump stocks, more intense background checks, closing the loophole for gun shows, high capacity clips, potentially age requirements to buy certain weapons and GOD forbid altering DUE PROCESS.
                        A generation is 20 years and the young adults leading this march are roughly 19 years old. I don't see repeal by the time they are 39 or 40 but the 2nd Amendment will be ......well......amended! (pun intended)
                        I wont say "the beginning of the end" for our gun rights but be assured the fuse has been lit and the gun control folks will not let it geaux out anytime soon. It may not be a explosion (as that would cause civil unrest) but it surely will be a bonfire that can be seen across the nation.
                        Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        I wasn't too concerned until our President couldn't control his tweets once again on the gun control he has opened the door on.
                        I was astonished and set back by those tweets & comments. I had believed and agreed with sooooo many on this site that the gun issues would at least not be on the agenda for 4 or even maybe 8 years. Something about our Presidents take on these issues is mind bending, again more to the story than what we know. It makes zero sense!!!
                        By our President agreeing to limit bump stocks, enhancing background check procedures and just "considering" altering due process has literally re-opened Pandora's box. It will not be closed without taking some debilitating losses!

Comment

Politicians will run scared, change is coming. Change that will both lessen our rights and make those rights that remain in tact much more expensive to exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            IMO bad changes are closer than most think.

We need another great depression or plague. Get people back to the basics and worrying about real issues versus everyone living high on the hog and in this fairy tale government printing money world we live in.
                            100% on the money

Comment

It is scary when you consider the news organizations, entertainment industry and major sport organizations are propaganda machines for the Democratic Party.

How will the youth of today, or the future, turn out any different than what we are seeing now when boob tubes are being used as baby-sitters?

With all the uproar over AR-15’s, imagine how all their heads are going to explode when they discover AR-10’s.

Comment

Working...
                              X