1/2 "cordless impact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 "cordless impact.

Been shopping for a 1/2 cordless impact. Got it narrow down to the millwalkee fuel. And the Dewalt 20 volt. Any of y'all got one of them? Any reviews in real world work? Mostly going to use it in the 1 ton for changing trailer flats on a dual tandom cow trailer. And lawn mower blades and whatnot.

I have the kobalt brushless and its a beast, long battery life and i use it daily on my service truck

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      I have the kobalt brushless and its a beast, long battery life and i use it daily on my service truck
      Got plenty of torque for say taking off 350 to 500 fp lugs?

Comment

This takes care of some of the things that I would normally have to break out the 3/4" air impact for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          This takes care of some of the things that I would normally have to break out the 3/4" air impact for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Matco truck comes buy work. At 50 bucks for 1/2 drive sockets I'm scared to ask what that bad boy cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
            Got plenty of torque for say taking off 350 to 500 fp lugs?
            Itll take off tractor lugnuts no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
              Itll take off tractor lugnuts no problem.
              Is it the 24v max they sell at lowes?

Comment

Yes sir got it on sale for 200 few months back

Comment

I have the 20v DeWALT...I think they make two models.

One has more torque than the other...my 18v was great, but this one rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    I have the 20v DeWALT...I think they make two models.

One has more torque than the other...my 18v was great, but this one rocks.
                    Battery life issues?

Comment

Negative...I have a bunch of the 20v line & the LiIon batts are outstanding.

I keep the 20v in my truck...I had a flat several months ago on my 3/4 ton & not sure how long it had been in there. Worked like a champ. I do try to at least change the batt out every month or two now though.

Comment

Word on the street is Milwaukee just came out with a 3/4 impact that will do like 1300 ft/lbs. I don't care who you are that's a lot for a cordless!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                          Word on the street is Milwaukee just came out with a 3/4 impact that will do like 1300 ft/lbs. I don't care who you are that's a lot for a cordless!

Yes that's a lot of torque. I hope no one torques their car or truck tires with that tool. That's about 1200-1240 ft/lbs. more than Manufacturer recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                            Yes that's a lot of torque. I hope no one torques their car or truck tires with that tool. That's about 1200-1240 ft/lbs. more than Manufacturer recommendations.
                            No kidding. Thems some big stuck nuts. I could definitely think of some places we could have used it on the farm though.

Comment

I bought a impact at (yeah, I know) harbor freight. It plugs in cigarette lighter and has all the sockets for taking off lug nuts. Used it several times to change tires on 7' tandem disc and 16 foot trailer with trailer house axles. For around 30.00, it's quite handy.

Comment

Working...
                              X