X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Weekend Pork with Video

The story is in the hunting reports, but here is the video link:

Skinny Ranch Hog

great video what was all that crazy noise in the middle of the video?

Comment

That is my awesome tripod that I got free with my camera. It sounds horrible when I move it and try to pan, but the animals never hear it. The mic on the camera just pics it up very clearly. A new tripod head is in my future for sure. You can also hear the sow that I shot growling off camera in the midst of the tripod noise.

Comment

that was a cool vidoe. I thought that they would be gone with all of that noise that was going on. But at least you got him and good shot to.

Comment

awesome vidoe. awesome shot too

Comment

Good stuff, Benjie! You definitely need to talk to Santa about a good video head, though!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice hog..

I was hunting with Benjie that night at the same ranch and could hear that pig squeal a mile away. About thirty minutes later that same group of hogs came to my tree stand and I shot the other sow.

CONGRATS ON THE PIG AND BEING A NEW DAD!!!!!!!

Comment

wish my hogs would drop like that! i'm new to hog hunting,would you say theneck shot is better than a lung/heart shot? i can't seem to get good penetration with the lung shots from shots at 15-20 yds w/70# bow.

Comment

Jrad

I would not suggest an intentional neck shot. I pulled the shot at the last second as I realized I might hit the piglet. I was not at my best, but it did the job. I generally aim as low on a hog as I can without shooting under them and just behind the shoulder. I also shoot a cut on contact broadhead for hogs and leave my Sidewinders for deer and turkey.

Good luck

Comment

i've studied their anatomy pix(AGAIN!)and instead of the larger lung shot i might as well aim as low as possible for the heartshot. i think i'll only shoot at quartering away hogs instead of broadside from now on.i'll let ya'll know after tommorrow,should get some in range as my place is infested with them!

Comment

i can't seem to get good penetration with the lung shots from shots at 15-20 yds w/70# bow.
                      jrad, have you ever tried Magnus broadheads. Either 2 or 4 blade stinger work exceptionally well. I was having the same problem w/ the tried and true Muzzy, but the last 3 hogs I've shot w/ the Magnus have only run 40-50 yds and dropped dead. Clean pass throughs on all 3 shots, broadside and quartering away.
                      Last edited by SKLOSS; 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM. Reason: quote failure

Comment

Awesome shot!

Comment

My kid got a real good laugh out of that one. Nice pig.

Comment

Videos

Those are some nice videos you got there. I also read your story on your second chance buck on TTH Magazine. Keep up the good work.
                            Thanks
                            stx bowhunter

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                              X