Freestone County 3-D Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestone County 3-D Shoot

We are having a benefit 3-d shoot near Fairfield on December 15th at 10:00 am. All proceeds will go to the Freestone county 4-H shooting sports club. Entry fee is 50.00 per shooter. there will be a youth class for 18 and under, and an adult class 19 and over. We have a lot of nice prizes for this shoot, so come out and show your support for the kids, have fun and enjoy some barbeque. For more info, call:

Stacy Stansbury 903-390-4233 or 903-388-0866
    James Tugwell 254-625-1567
    Dean Guantt 254-625-0528

50$? wow

Comment

That's what i was thinking...too rich for my archery bucks!!

Comment

Yeah I know, but its a fundraiser for a good cause.

Comment

Still cheap as ever huh Davik

Comment

Cheap???

I guess I'm cheap...I only pay 50 bucks to enter a major shoot, like Gainesville, or Paris, not a local one...especially with gas at 3 bucks a gallon! It may be for a good cause, but very few archery shoots are worth 50 skins a punch! Sorry.

Comment

Hey Mike...we will try to make it, but can't promise anything at this time. We just got some more Genesis bows for our 4H kids. Right now we have 3 recurves, 4 genesis and a couple of targets. We've had one shoot so far and it was more of a "safety orientation" class.

To all you others out there...$50 isn't much when it goes directly to our youth and the teaching of the conservation of the sport of archery. These kids are the very foundation that will keep archery and bowhunting alive and well when we are old or dead.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight in Mossy Oak View Post

To all you others out there...$50 isn't much when it goes directly to our youth and the teaching of the conservation of the sport of archery. These kids are the very foundation that will keep archery and bowhunting alive and well when we are old or dead.

Thanks!!!
                Amen to that. A lot of people dont understand how much time and money it takes to provide equipment for these kids and keep one of these clubs going. It sounds like your club is coming along well. Hopefully after this shoot we will be able to get some genesis bows and some more targets. Our 3-D course is just about ready. I think we have 30 targets set up. It should be a lot of fun. Hope yall can make it. Thanks

Comment

If you don't want to pay to enter, what about a small donation or better yet volunteer your time to help out. If you don't want to support Freestone county i'm sure you can find a 4h club in your area that also needs your support. A couple of years ago the Freestone county 4h shooting sports was just a dream. Today because of the hard work and dedication of the adult leaders parents and volunteers, the club is a reality. Because people GAVE

Comment

where is the shoot located.... I may be able to make it

Comment

I think you would be better off having another one in the spring with a $20 entry fee. Probably double or triple your entrys. That $50 at Christmas is a little much.

Comment

Buff, The shoot will be just outside the comunity of Dew, which is about 10 miles south of Fairfield on I-45. Give Stacy a call for directions. 903-390-4233

Incognito we will be having another shoot in the spring. Dont know about the entry fee yet, but your probably right about the Christmas thing.

Comment

---

Comment

Working...
                          X