blackened crappie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackened crappie?

I tried to search the forum for a recipe but couldnt find one. We always just fry our fish, but we wanted to try something different. does anyone have a good recipe for crappie, bass, or catfish?

I usually pan fry mine. Take a bag of Keebler wafers and mash em up into a meal. Coat crappie filets w/ dejoan mustard and sprinkle on some Tony's. Then dredge filets in cracker meal. Pan fry in a skillet w/ about a 1/4 inch of peanut oil (flip once) til done. Serve w/ rice and crawfish etouffe.

Comment

If you want to do blackened crappie, heres what you do. Pick up some blackened seafood seasoning at the store. I use Paul Prudhommes sp? Get a black iron skillet smoking hot. This is best done outside. Dredge the filets in unsalted butter then coat with seasoning. Sear on both sides in skillet. Don't want to over do it on the "blackening". Should not be a problem since the crappie filets are thin and won't take long to cook. Can't beat crappie.

Comment

I've tried skeeters before and i know thats good, thanks for reminding me. we ended up trying to make our own seasoning and it was too salty, think next time we will try james's... didnt know they had the blackened seasoning at the store.

Comment

We have just surpassed 400 perch. Believe me we are always wanting new ways. Coating with mustard and seasoned meal and frying, Grilling is good, fillets in seasoned tomoto creole style with rice, fish tacos. Not a big fan of blackened yet

Comment

If you dont feel like mixing up your own blackening seasoning you can always just use some Tony's. I had a good seasoning recipe but, I dont know where it is, or else I'd share it with you.

Instead of blackening you might try melting some butter in a skillet, coat the fish with some butter so the seasoning will stick, sprinkle some Texjoy Seafood Seasoning over the fish, then cover with a lid and cook on low/med heat. I usually use the "I can't believe its not butter" stuff for my girlfriend and it still comes out good. It's quick, easy and good.

Comment

Working...
            X