Rocksprings kid activities suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings kid activities suggestion

I'll be heading to the lease in a few weeks with my BIL and am packing my 2 boys, 4 and 6, and was curious if any of you folks had any activities you do with your family when up there. Just looking for suggestions... Thanks Green Screen!!

-JC

There is an old hardware store in town that has an incredible arrowhead/Indian artifact collection, definitely worth the stop. There are also the bones of some ancient man you can check out and hold. Could also head south down 55 and hit one of the river crossings.

Comment

Head South on 37 to the second road crossing where the water runs under the road. We always float from crossing to crossing on tubes. Lots of fun and last about three hours. you can rent tubes in town or bring your own.

Comment

A couple of things...

1) It's really hot out there. Dehydration can make people feel tired, low energy and irritated. Make sure everyone gets LOTS of water....We were there this weekend and son and I drank ~1case water/day. I'm not a medical doc, but I suggest to use the color of your pee as a guide... clear to faint yellow is okay, strong yellow is NOT good, no pee is REALLY bad.

2) Night time! If it's clear, the sky in RS is world-class. Get away from the camp lights, sit on the tail gate and enjoy. On Friday night we saw 14 shooting stars and ~20 satellites (they don't blink) and on Saturday it was 13 and 23....It gets good starting about 10pm. This was about 1.5hrs or so each night. The Milky Way was stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
          I'll be heading to the lease in a few weeks with my BIL and am packing my 2 boys, 4 and 6, and was curious if any of you folks had any activities you do with your family when up there. Just looking for suggestions... Thanks Green Screen!!

-JC
          Devils Sinkhole in evening. You meet downtown Rock Springs, watch video then proceed out to park. 2nd largest bat colony in Texas I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            Devils Sinkhole in evening. You meet downtown Rock Springs, watch video then proceed out to park. 2nd largest bat colony in Texas I believe.
            This! Bring a small cooler with drinks and snacks. Funfilled evening, you'll see a bunch of critters

Comment

If not too far go to Junction and float in the Llano State Park.(Great for younger kids its not fast at all) Like was said be careful its Hot and Dry just came back from Roosevelt /Sonora area and daytime temps were a little warm this weekend..
              You can also visit the Sonora Caverns for a Heat relief and it will take 3hrs out of the day and its about 68 degrees year round in the cave.

Comment

We hit the river up, play in the park in town, go to the feed store and check out the mountain lion and go to grooms and look at the rangers.

Comment

Thanks folks!!! Keep it coming!!

Comment

Tour the YO Ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Killing fire ants..

Comment

See if you can fill a jar full of fireflies!!

As mentioned already, it’s been blistering hot and forecast to continue to be like that for 15 days... maybe a bottle of Pedialyte for the kiddos...

Comment

I think there is a bat cave not too far. Might look into that.

Comment

Working...
                          X