Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinnamon Creek Guys - Hanging Around? Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinnamon Creek Guys - Hanging Around? Help?

Hey guys -

Looking for a little help. Since I've started bowhunting I've never really had my bow looked at with any scrutiny except for my draw length. And even since, I've traded bows.

I was supposed to go down to my property tomorrow and pull cards, replace batteries, and weed-kill my food plot. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but I still will have some time. What I'd really like to do is drag myself and my gear over to Cinnamon Creek (I live close, now), and talk to someone. But, I'm not really sure who to ask for or how the pro shop operates. Any of those guys or the regulars hanging around that could answer a question or two for me?

Thanks,
    M

I recently bought a triax there. After spending some time with the bow and putting a lot of arrows through it I went in for a tuneup. I have my own press and drawboard at home, so I generally do all my own work as most pro shops aren’t particularly competent at tuning and won’t put the same amount of time in as I do to get things perfect. I went in the CCR with low expectations but figured it was worth a shot to save me buying new press fingers and a top hat kit if I could avoid it.

I won’t be buying press fingers.... the guys there were great, they knew their stuff and put in all the time needed to let me get things just the way I wanted. Willy helped me that evening, but I expect that there are plenty of people there who know their stuff.

If you didn’t buy the bow there, they’ll probably charge you for the work of course. It would be money well spent IMO.

D

Comment

Just walk up to the counter. It don’t matter who waits on you they will all treat you with respect. Just start off by saying I’m not sure but I want you to do because I think this.

Comment

The cinnamon creek guys have always been MORE than helpful when I go in. I can’t point you to anyone specific, but they are solid guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve heard nothing but great things about cinnamon creek. Gateway Archery on Beach in Fort Worth is also a great bunch of guys that are more than helpful and are very knowledgeable.

Comment

They (like all archery shops) will be getting slammed as we get closer to bow season. I’d get in there as soon as possible. You can reach out to Fishndude (Jeff) and he can help you out.

Comment

I’m here!!! But won’t be at the shop tomorrow.

This weekend is the state ASA 3D tourney at ccr. It will be crazy busy but the guys can get to ya if you’re patient. Ask for Kyle
              Last edited by Fishndude; 07-14-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I need to get myself up there for some supplies and a quick check up on my Spyder.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

After Action Report –

So, I got up to CCR around 10:15 on Sunday morning (I think it was 10:15, my memory is shot because...kids) to an absolutely PACKED parking lot. Jeff warned me about the event going on but I wasn’t ready. The good news was that the pro shop was pretty empty – just a few folks wanting to shoot upstairs and a guy buying some gear. Fine, no worries. I had my bow and a fist full of arrows with me and I was approached by a young dude asking me what I could use some help with. “Life,” seemed like a bad answer, so I kind of word-vomited and said something to the effect of, ‘well I need some help with tuning my bow for hunting season, may need some new gear, want to fix up these arrows, not really sure what I need..’

Dan (guy who helped me) was super, super patient. He checked my string (and let me know it’ll work just fine for another season), checked my draw weight (higher than I thought but still lower than I wanted), tried to chrono the bow (chrono wasn’t working, no big thing), adjusted my draw length, fixed my cam timing, showed me how to sight it in, cut down my arrows and re-worked their inserts, and replaced my whisker biscuit with a drop away (at my request and a couple of honest recommendations).

The whole process took about two hours, and when all was done he let me use the short range to try to sight in my new set up. Now, understand that I love this stuff and bowhunting is probably the sport/hobby I’ve been most passionate about for the last four years (since I’ve been into it; since I moved to Texas) but I have legitimately never sighted in my own bow (go ahead and throw things...I’ll wait). So, trying to get that down was a process – I think I’m close, but I was shooting like trash. Taking a half inch off the draw length and retiming my cams gave me almost no valley in my draw and I’m having to learn to re-shoot. But, it’s so much fun and the shop was so great. I have no reason to say anything but great things and they’ll definitely get more of my business.

Comment

kyle is the guy I see always helpful , basic approach etc . I live maybe 3 miles from them . Speaking of that Klye you reading?? I need to chat with you on a new heavier arrow set up .

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                      After Action Report –

So, I got up to CCR around 10:15 on Sunday morning (I think it was 10:15, my memory is shot because...kids) to an absolutely PACKED parking lot. Jeff warned me about the event going on but I wasn’t ready. The good news was that the pro shop was pretty empty – just a few folks wanting to shoot upstairs and a guy buying some gear. Fine, no worries. I had my bow and a fist full of arrows with me and I was approached by a young dude asking me what I could use some help with. “Life,” seemed like a bad answer, so I kind of word-vomited and said something to the effect of, ‘well I need some help with tuning my bow for hunting season, may need some new gear, want to fix up these arrows, not really sure what I need..’

Dan (guy who helped me) was super, super patient. He checked my string (and let me know it’ll work just fine for another season), checked my draw weight (higher than I thought but still lower than I wanted), tried to chrono the bow (chrono wasn’t working, no big thing), adjusted my draw length, fixed my cam timing, showed me how to sight it in, cut down my arrows and re-worked their inserts, and replaced my whisker biscuit with a drop away (at my request and a couple of honest recommendations).

The whole process took about two hours, and when all was done he let me use the short range to try to sight in my new set up. Now, understand that I love this stuff and bowhunting is probably the sport/hobby I’ve been most passionate about for the last four years (since I’ve been into it; since I moved to Texas) but I have legitimately never sighted in my own bow (go ahead and throw things...I’ll wait). So, trying to get that down was a process – I think I’m close, but I was shooting like trash. Taking a half inch off the draw length and retiming my cams gave me almost no valley in my draw and I’m having to learn to re-shoot. But, it’s so much fun and the shop was so great. I have no reason to say anything but great things and they’ll definitely get more of my business.

I bought my Hoyt carbon from them they set up all the brands i shot them all Hoyt felt the best to me but was not super happy with the valley in it they swapped out one cam module to the next WOW instant difference done deal .. I had looked at another place and they said nothing they could do and even though their price was better I would take customer service over a small savings

Comment

Working...
                      X