Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marble Falls / Kingsland Eats (wedding anniversary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ City-folk thinks it's "authentic home cooked food."

Comment

Everywhere in town is shorts friendly....

River city grill has decent food and is on the water.

Docs seafood is right there also at 281 and 1431, but I’ve never stopped there to eat.

Comment

Wingman’s bbq in marble has some really good brisket.

Comment

Badu 1891 in Llano.
          Completely refurbished, with new owners and menu.

Comment

Grand Central Cafe - Kingsland
            River city grill - marble falls
            These two would be my choices for your anniversary.
            Other good places
            Tamale king - Buchanan dam
            Bills burgers - Burnet
            Crazy girls - burnet, Kingsland, granite shoals
            Docs river city grill - marble falls
            El bracero- Kingsland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              Wingman’s bbq in marble has some really good brisket.
              I wouldn’t feed my dog their bbq

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I wouldn’t feed my dog their bbq
                Really ? Isn’t the same as it use to be. I thought it was good . Just talking about brisket. Didn’t try anything else besides sausage .

Comment

In Burnet, Mamas Home Cooking on west street.
                  Family thought it t was better than Blue Bonnet Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                    Really ? Isn’t the same as it use to be. I thought it was good . Just talking about brisket. Didn’t try anything else besides sausage .
                    When it was Pete’s it was good. Got a brisket sandwich and took one bite and puked/spit it out. Had a rancid taste like it was left out for several days. Can’t go back

Comment

If you want atmosphere, a bar, live music some nights, and higher end food (chicken fried chicken or antelope, for example), a refurbished Badu 1891 just reopened here in Llano. They take reservations, but you can walk in. If you want a great one-half pound burger, or a big bacon omelette, or comfort food at a reasonable price, I like Grand Central Cafe in Kingsland. For Italian, I like Bella Sera in Marble Falls, with good salads, chicken parm, stromboli, pizza. See menus online.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        Everywhere in town is shorts friendly....

River city grill has decent food and is on the water.

Docs seafood is right there also at 281 and 1431, but I’ve never stopped there to eat.
                        Docs is hit or miss and mostly miss.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          When it was Pete’s it was good. Got a brisket sandwich and took one bite and puked/spit it out. Had a rancid taste like it was left out for several days. Can’t go back
                          I agree about Wingman but I went one time to Pete's and it was bad. It must be hard to produce quality BBQ on a consistent bases for some restaurants.

Comment

I'm amazed at the different experiences people have at the different places. My wife and I went to Grand Central today after reading this thread last night. We stood inside the front door with about 10 other people for 15 minutes and no one came to seat us or even acknowledge we were there. We left as did several others.

We ate at Mama's in Burnet and the food absolutely sucked. Don't plan on going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              I'm amazed at the different experiences people have at the different places. My wife and I went to Grand Central today after reading this thread last night. We stood inside the front door with about 10 other people for 15 minutes and no one came to seat us or even acknowledge we were there. We left as did several others.

We ate at Mama's in Burnet and the food absolutely sucked. Don't plan on going back.
                              That’s just typical Kingsland service.....small town, the servers bounce around diner to diner a lot, and the locals just expect poor service

The one exception is Alfredo’s - it’s all family, and they are usually fast and friendly.
                              I like the food, but the cash only thing - who does that ?

Comment

My family and I ate at Fornos on the lake a couple days ago and the food and service was excellent. My kids loved feeding the fish outside as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X