No announcement yet.

academy gun pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scope and rifle were probably bought at Academy and they mounted the scope for the buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
      Is that 10% off for Veterans a one-time opportunity or is that year round?
      I think it's only a few times during the year around holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddock18 View Post
        As well they can help mount scopes and such. (If you’re brave enough) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        i wouldnt even let them fill a reel!

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
          ill bet he either bought the gun or the scope from the store
          I would not be surprised if they mounted the scope at the store for him when he bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
            i wouldnt even let them fill a reel!

You ain’t lying lol I’ve seen that go bad quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Recently had a young spec ops wannabe working there that had one of those tacticool 12 ga resting over his shoulder. He proceeds to turn away from me to talk to another employee about some task he himself screwed up which pointed the dang thing right in my face. I called him out on it. Loaded or not don't point a gun at people, and don't be playing with them at work. About the time he wanted to have a little attitude, the other dude steps in and basically tells him to get it together or leave. Most of them don't know squat but this moron took the cake.
              Last edited by jdg13; 07-03-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I look at it this way, when I go to academy, I know what to expect. I am on my own to find what I need, and I will not get any meaningful help with anything that I don't already understand. I go there because the price is generally the best in town, and the price that I pay for that is customer service and staff expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  I just don't go to the gun counter anymore.
                  Me either, I walk by and maybe glance at something in the case and when I hear “Sir, can I help you with something” I get a little light headed and have to leave the store.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                    I had one guy claim he shot 5k .223,5k .308 and 20k 9mm a year. That was the guy behind the counter. He would of spent his annual salary on ammo.
                    Maybe he was a sponsored professional shooter

Comment

Very funny story, in HS I was at our local Academy. An older gentleman was looking at handheld GPS units and the dude behind the counter was trying to explain them to him (not doing a very good job). I politely chimed in and helped clear up the questions the customer was having. Meanwhile the dept manager came over and saw this, afterwards he asked me if I wanted a job there. I just turned 16 and was looking for a part time job, so of course I took him up on the offer. Heard many good stories the 2 years I worked there...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                        Maybe he was a sponsored professional shooter
                        Yeah,lol

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          Me either, I walk by and maybe glance at something in the case and when I hear “Sir, can I help you with something” I get a little light headed and have to leave the store.
                          I know that feeling. "Please make the voices stop!"

Comment

Academy gun pro looked at me funny when I asked for 300 BLK.. this was a mere moment after he also told another patron all CZ pistols are crap.

Comment

They do a good job on price match +5% on ammo though haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                They do a good job on price match +5% on ammo though haha
                                That is most certainly true.

One of them gave me a price match on an online deal that I found on Slickguns. He didn’t even bother to notice the sale/deal was expired.

$375 for an XDS45. That was a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X