Digging a pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    I want to know more about this damming of a named creek.....

I searched and searched a few years ago for info and never could find anything

The Corps of Engineers will assert jurisdiction over any named features from the USGS topographic maps. That’s not to say it isn’t done frequently. But if they were ever called out they would have a problem with it if it was not permitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure all the regulations but I’ll ask my cousin as well. I personally think it had something to do with selling water for fracking. Since it was a natural creek he was only allowed to sell a certain amount of barrels a year. We had the little TCEQ tucks all over when they one was being built. The other one if filled all by natural runoff and no problem.

Comment

Our landowner in Coleman paid a dozer guy $1000 a day, but 10 yrs ago

Comment

Checked with my cousin. It was because we were selling water to the oil companies. They only allow a certain number of barrels a year from certain waterways which I guess a "named" creek is.

Comment

Am I the only one that still calls it a tank? A pond must have a jogging trail and a park bench. Lol.

Its mind numbing how many people in Texas these days call a tank a pond. Must be yankees or Californians.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whomever is working a natural drainage into a pond or tank better keep a lid on it in today's world environmental regulations

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Am I the only one that still calls it a tank? A pond must have a jogging trail and a park bench. Lol.

Its mind numbing how many people in Texas these days call a tank a pond. Must be yankees or Californians.

I figured you would've weighed in before now with this take. As soon as I read the title, I was counting down until you said it was a tank

Comment

Growing up in central Texas back in the 70s and 80s no one called tanks a pond....or paaaaand. Lol. It drives me crazy.

Comment

It's only a tank if you are using it for livestock. Then it is a stock tank.

Clips go in your hair though, not guns

Comment

City people telling country people what to call stuff is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

lol. Its a tank where I come from as well. If its built for the cattle to drink out of, fish or swim, its still a tank.

Comment

Working...
                        X