Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my CZ 17HRM!

Comment

I'm a fan of the Savage BMAG in .17WSM. I have the bull barrel. the stock is a little flimsy, but for a $300 gun I can't complain. Wanted the Ruger 77 .17WSM but didn't want to spend 600+.

Comment

I love my two .17s

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
        I have a Marlin 17HMR

It's a blast to shoot. I did a reduced power trigger spring, and it's even better. I've shot a pile of coons, a few coyotes and even a few small pigs with it.

Topped with a 4-14x scope, it's great for target and hunting.

Someday, I'd like a 17 centerfire.
        Henry 17 HMR and Marlin 17 WSM. Both shoot great. HMR ammo easier to find and cheaper though.

Buy one. You will like it!!

Comment

I have a 17 HMR in a Marlin and an A17 and a semi-auto Volquartsen 17 WSM. I like all 3, but is I had to pick one.....probably the A17 because of the price and still semi-auto which has come in handy several times, plus you can get a 25 round clip for the A17.
          Last edited by BrianL; 06-08-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

100 yard 8 shot group with the WSM

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s my hmr, It has a Spiral fluted bull barrel. I love the gun, I just put a cheapo Simmons scope on it and it works just fine. Biggest thing I have killed with it is coons

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7254.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	24542524

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

critter gun

i know you did not list it but i have a super clean marlin 883 bolt action tube fed 22 mag i am looking to sell,,,, i can send pics if your interested, just send me a phone #... probably going to list it on here in the next couple of days,,,

i have had a 17 hmr,,, i found i preferred the 22 mag always,,, it has been shot very little,, probably under 50 rounds,,,,,, i have a bill i need to pay,, it is the only thing i know i can replace easily if sometime in the future i decide i need too

Comment

I’ve been using a Ruger 77/17 Hornet for a few years and it’s a great little rifle. It’s a little more than $500 new but you can probably find one used in your price range. I put a Volquartsen trigger upgrade in it and it shoots .75moa to 200yds with 20gr factory ammo. With a suppressor on it, it’s really quiet. I like it much better than the HMR I shot for years.

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  I have a CZ527 Varmint in 17 Hornet. It is a sweet round and perfect for fox as to not blow out a hole. Haven’t killed a yote yet but wouldn’t hesitate with it.

I haven’t had great luck with coyotes unless head shot. I’ve had several run off with (15.5gr & 20gr Hornady v-max) body shots. I’m sure they died but I prefer recovering them. Especially when I’m getting paid for them. It’s my hands-down favorite cat gun. What loads are you using for fox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These HMR’s are over your budget but fine weapons none the less. An Anschutz and Cooper both topped with Zeiss 6.5x20’s. They are shooters and lookers.🤓

Comment

Yes those are some lookers ^^^^

Comment

If you go with the Bmag, get the laminated stock version. The plastic stock is poo. Love my WSM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone I bought the bmag 17wsm I may upgrade the stock, but so far it's a lights out shooter going hunting Saturday for coons and fox well see how it goes

Comment

Working...
                          X