No announcement yet.

Decision between F-250 and Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t care which one has more maintenance, which is better off-road, or which one is better at towing. The bottom line is, that Ford is probably worth 10k more than the Toyota. If you can get the Ford for the same price as that Toyota, you would be nuts not to.
    If you don’t like it, sell it and buy the toy.
    Last edited by Rubi513; 04-03-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      I don’t care which one has more maintenance, which is better off-road, or which one is better at towing. The bottom line is that Ford is probably worth 10k more than the Toyota. If you can get the Ford for the same price as that Toyota, you would be nuts not to.

This right here. Buy the ford drive it for a while if you don’t like it sell it and buy the other one and make a small profit in the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you loved your Tundra but it did "sag" a few times ( I take it that you're talking about the back end dropping down and not the engine pulling it) I'd say get a Tundra and put some air bags on it .I have Firestone on mine and it'll handle anything I need to load with no problem. That way you aint paying for a diesel when you aint 'using' a diesel.

Comment

Once you own a diesel hard to drive a gas truck

Comment

My uncle has the exact tundra you speak of, it can tow but will be no where near as good as the f-250. My dad just picked up a 2015 king ranch with 40k miles on it two weeks ago. That thing has more power then we will ever need towing our boat and toys to the lease. Plus the interior is way nicer and more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
              If you loved your Tundra but it did "sag" a few times ( I take it that you're talking about the back end dropping down and not the engine pulling it) I'd say get a Tundra and put some air bags on it .I have Firestone on mine and it'll handle anything I need to load with no problem. That way you aint paying for a diesel when you aint 'using' a diesel.
              Yeah. We don’t have water well so we lug 1000 gallons every other trip, only reason I’m thinking I won’t need it is because we may be getting a well this year.

I mean my dad does have horse trailer, dumpster trailer and stuff I could haul with the f-250 now if I wanted that I could never with the tundra, but would probably never use that stuff but couple times a year, and if I were to use it I could borrow one of his trucks. He just got a new f-250 and has a gmc 3500

Comment

I picked a King Ranch F150 over the Tundra... F250 is even better, I just don't haul enough to justify the price difference from 1/2 to 3/4 ton. I drive my FIL's F250 every once in a while and I wish I had one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  I don’t care which one has more maintenance, which is better off-road, or which one is better at towing. The bottom line is, that Ford is probably worth 10k more than the Toyota. If you can get the Ford for the same price as that Toyota, you would be nuts not to.
                  Well yeah, getting it at 40k because it’s what my dad still owes. He was offered 50k on trade in and didn’t since I was gonna grab it, just don’t know if I’m a be happy in it.

Comment

I'm one of those, "bought the 16F250 6.7 cause I wanted too". I don't tow with it, maybe someday I will when I get a chance to get into a travel trailer or 5th wheel...already got her set up with a B&W Gooseneck setup...it's got a lot of power...I was driving a Ford Ranger '06 and put 10yrs in it...took care of it...I love my new truck...drove it from the RGV up to Hot Springs AR last summer and never had a hiccup...fuel mileage was the same as my little Ranger (3.0L V6)...got a 37gal bed tank in it now with a folding/hard top tonneau cover...I don't think you can do wrong with the 3/4 ton truck...IMO, more capable than the Tundra...I would also add, if you're concerned with comfort in driving, buy a Cadillac ...not a truck...

Comment

F250 is a nice truck, it suxs off road but its nice.
                      Pulling 10k with a tundra is easy . Pulling 14k you want the f250.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                        I don’t get the off-road comparison, for what 99% of what either of these trucks are going to see off-road either would be fine. I seriously doubt anyone is buying these trucks to make them rock crawlers or mud racers. If that’s what your wanting build you a used Jeep up, weigh cheaper and can go way farther than either of these.
                        Same with Towing, unless it’s a truck that is really going to be towing heavy loads a lot both trucks should work. If your looking for a towing truck of course go with the diesel. But just to pull a boat down to the lake a few times a year either would work.
                        To me it sounds like you would should just ask which one you want more and go with that. Think you’ll be happy either way.

Personally I have the 17 F250 and love it

But also have a built Jeep for rock crawling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The comparison I used was you through a boat anchor out in the mud and you try like heck to pull it out. Same with a f250

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Towing is the only thing the F-250 will beat the Tundra in. Get whatever you want though. That's a good price on the Ford.
                          F250 will get better fuel mileage and has alot more cargo room both in the bed and inside the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                            F250 is a nice truck, it suxs off road but its nice.
                            Pulling 10k with a tundra is easy . Pulling 14k you want the f250.

The Tundra I passed a few weeks ago in my Ram 2500 Diesel was hauling way less than 10k and it was struggle bus for him.

He had about a 28’ tongue pull travel trailer behind it (5-6k# maybe). The butt was dragging and I nearly sucked the paint off of it when I passed him going up an on ramp while I had my 34’ 5th wheel hooked to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
                              Yeah. We don’t have water well so we lug 1000 gallons every other trip, only reason I’m thinking I won’t need it is because we may be getting a well this year.

I mean my dad does have horse trailer, dumpster trailer and stuff I could haul with the f-250 now if I wanted that I could never with the tundra, but would probably never use that stuff but couple times a year, and if I were to use it I could borrow one of his trucks. He just got a new f-250 and has a gmc 3500
                              I'm assuming you're not hauling 1,000 gallons in a single load, but several trucks/trailers? 1,000 gallons of water alone weighs 8,000 lbs, not including the tank and trailer. If you're actually hauling that much water on a single load, I wouldn't even consider the Tundra. Maybe you meant 100 gallons, which is still a lot of weight in the bed of a half ton. Not many people say, "I wish I had less truck" (except when you're stuck in the mud or sand).

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                My uncle has the exact tundra you speak of, it can tow but will be no where near as good as the f-250. My dad just picked up a 2015 king ranch with 40k miles on it two weeks ago. That thing has more power then we will ever need towing our boat and toys to the lease. Plus the interior is way nicer and more comfortable.
                                The 1794 Edition Tundra compares to the King Ranch Ford interior wise and just as classy, comfortable. I did a LOT of looking and comparing when I decided to get rid of a problem engine in the F150 eco 2013 models. To be fair, never had the 250 models and no experience with diesels for "private" use.

It all boils down to what you need to tow and what "goodies" you want in a truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X