Astros vs Rangers 2018 - Series UNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starman View Post
    We're cool. I don't do Facebook, or Twitter, or any of that, so I haven't seen those reactions.

The one thing I'd disagree with you is that new fans are watching the majority of regular season games. No way.

It's the die hards like you and me that are watching every night.

The bandwagon fans watched the playoffs, and tuned in today for the start of the season. Which is great, because we need them.

They're not aware of the advanced analytics- they just know what their lying eyes are telling them. That Giles hasn't performed well while they've been watching.

I get that. He was less than optimal in the playoffs, as well as today.

I'm hoping he gets it together and can prove to be the elite closer that the metrics suggest he should be.
    Nah, we are on the same page, maybe a slight disagreement on Giles if that.

I have a long history on here as a player/manager defender (the latter is for you rtp).

Baseball is a weird game with a lot of variance. Whenever I see a negative point of view that isn't statistically grounded, or I feel is made with recency bias, I normally call it out.

I lean towards body of work, probably to a fault, but I feel it helps offset the over reaction of the opposite side.
    Last edited by snappertapper; 03-29-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
      /manager defender (the latter is for you rtp).
      Hey, I changed my tune at the beginning of last season. And became a full convert by the trade deadline. I was the first to utter In Hinch We Trust. I know that probably shorted out a few computers at the time.

What I did notice last year with Hinch is that he used his gut a little more than that book of stats and even moreso in the playoffs. I think he found the magic recipe of info and feel. He has grown/matured tremendously as a manager as this team has. I hope Giles isnt letting the post season stick with him this season. I dont know if he will ever be a clean inning guy but man giving up a run each time out doesnt instill confidence. He needs to put a stretch of clean appearances together and get his mojo back.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        We have a closer if necessary. His name is Peacock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Fair enough that’d be good

Comment

Here we go

Comment

What a play!

Comment

Am I the only one giggling every time he says Fister?

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                Am I the only one giggling every time he says Fister?
                Yes

Comment

What was the final score? My phone doesn't work.......

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    What was the final score? My phone doesn't work.......
                    Felt like it was 30-1.....the game dragged on forever it seemed.

Comment

Well looky there. Turns out the Astros are gonna have to actually play all 162 + games before they’re handed a trophy.
                      Last edited by Fishndude; 03-30-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Astros vs Rangers 2018 - Series UNO

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Well looky there. Turns out the Astros are gonna have to actually play all 162 + games before they’re handed a trophy.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sure is quiet in here. Back to the turkey hunting.

Comment

*right click, save*

Comment

Well the rangers are on pace to go 161-1 and the Astros are on pace to go 81-81 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sure is quiet in here. Back to the turkey hunting.
                              no one is getting fitted for rings just yet.....gonna be a long hot summer and anything could happen!

Comment

What would a Rangers fan know about a trophy?

Comment

Working...
                                X