No announcement yet.

Looks like I may be getting a CPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew how bad I felt until I got my CPAP and actually got good sleep. And didn't fight not breathing all night every night. I was having over 35-40 apnea episodes a hour and my O2 sat was getting down to 69. Crazy numbers to see on paper to know how truly bad it was.

It's a PITA at first to get used to but not a huge deal. I have to wear a full face mask so that is not as convenient as the smaller ones but it's just part of it.

Regarding looking in your mouth, my dentist looked in my mouth and told me he thought I had sleep apnea. Something about a pink "Halo". Can't remember what he said exactly but another doctor mentioned it as well in the process.

Comment

Also, I did the home sleep study. 2 nights and ship the machine back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Wow.....no idea how they diagnose that besides sleep labs. What is your wife's medical opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Mallampati Score.
        Based on the distance between the base of the tongue and roof of the mouth

Comment

Well! I'll be the one to go against the grain, did a partial sleep study, my hose and wires got tangled once I finally got to sleep, when I couldn't turn my head to roll over, well the ol' claustrophobia kicked in, I commenced to removing any and everything that might be holding me down. The tech came running in and asked if I was ok, I told him it sure as he-- wasn't and I was headed home to my own bed. The girl from the center called the next day wanting to reschedule, I informed her there was no way in hail their test could be accurate. I've never went back, went and got a tilt bed, if I snore I raise it until I stop. No problems since.

Comment

I have an awesome CPAP machine setup I’m not using if you have an interest in it, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best thing ever. I have 3 just incase 2 of them dont work.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Wow.....no idea how they diagnose that besides sleep labs. What is your wife's medical opinion?

My wife says I snore but doesn’t want me to get some machine that wakes her up more than that pager and my snoring already do. LOL. Medically though, she says she hasn’t seen me stop breathing so not sure it’s true apnea, but I know I’ve felt myself do it before.

Comment

Most of the newer machines really don't make all that much noise.

Comment

Best thing ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                      My wife says I snore but doesn’t want me to get some machine that wakes her up more than that pager and my snoring already do. LOL. Medically though, she says she hasn’t seen me stop breathing so not sure it’s true apnea, but I know I’ve felt myself do it before.

Lol!!! I luv it.
                      Well at least this thread has a ton of options. I had no idea it was this common.

Comment

I love mine. My problem is the insomnia that comes with stress in my household. When I can wear it for 3 or more days, I feel like a new man.

You will learn to sleep differently, but you will sleep more soundly, and rest better. You will feel better each day. I honestly feel 10 yrs younger.

Comment

I don't know how many years ago I was diagnosed. Got my CPAP and the full mask and that didn't work for me- I sleep on my side and the seal would break along my face and the air roaring would wake me up. My wife thought it was comical the first time I wore it to bed- I told her to imagine she is now sleeping with a fighter pilot....it does take a little of the edge off spontaneity in the bedroom if you get my drift...Anyway, I couldn't use the mask so I quit using it until one of my doctor's put me on the nasal pillows- that was a game changer for me. Sleep throughout the night now.

Comment

I was diagnosed in 2006 ....can't sleep without it now. It was a game changer and a relationship saver. The wife and hunting buddies in hotels and camphouses...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I was diagnosed in 2006 ....can't sleep without it now. It was a game changer and a relationship saver. The wife and hunting buddies in hotels and camphouses...
                              Same here. You'd be amazed at the change in my wife after she was able to sleep without my snoring. Before the Cpap, getting frisky in the morning was like hunting Bear with a Stick; aint going to happen. Now, still ain't going to happen but atleast she's nicer when she says no.

Hoggslayer

Comment

They let me sleep in the camp house now. Sleep like a baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X