No announcement yet.

22 Magnum on a Javelina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelina are game animals. So are squirrels...

Rimfire prohibition is only for deer, sheep and antelope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes did some checking. And no where that I looked in the TPWD website said that they could not be hunted with a rim fire. So I was mislead for a long time.

Comment

Rifle to easy, no fun, use a bow.

Comment

In my limited experience with javelina, don't let them get into the thick brush. They don't leave enough blood on the ground. Earhole should work fine with a .22 mag.

Comment

22 magnum should lay them out. They are not very tough or smart.

Comment

Don't think you'll have any trouble getting close. By far the dumbest animal in South TX. Have fun and good luck!

Comment

It'll work, they are soft and dumb, sounds like a lot of fun actually.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  It'll work, they are soft and dumb, sounds like a lot of fun actually.

My thoughts exactly. I have killed them with 22mag and 17hmr shot behind the shoulder and they dropped dead. I have killed a bunch of those stinky little flea bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waste of Game

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                    I shoot them with a 300win mag because I don't want to field dress them.
                    Um... make sure you take the meat. Since they're game animals it's required by law.

Comment

They're so dumb down at the ranch that we can typically creep up on them to about 40 yards and head shoot them with a regular ol .22lr. A head shot with a mag would be plenty good.

Comment

Yep. I've killed a bunch of them with a 22lr. FYI - they are no where near as tough as a hog. They're easy to kill. Also - if you decide to hunt them with a bigger caliber, I'll take that 10/22 Magnum off your hands ! Let me know.

Comment

legal, lethal and also for turkeys before some one starts a thread on

"Can I use my 22 MAG on turks?"

Comment

Taken with .22 mag
                            Attached Files

Comment

I was thinking you probably could just shoot them with a blow gun are a spear to make it halfway challenging lol

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
                                Taken with .22 mag
                                Obviously this must have been more than one hunter, because the limit is 2 per year

Comment

Working...
                                X